Why Political Communication? Common App 200 words

manchesterpma 2 / 6  
Please be HARSH!

As you know, the academic programs at Emerson College are focused on communication and the arts. Please tell us what influenced you to select your first choice major and, if applicable, your second choice major. If you're undecided about your major, what attracted you to Emerson's programs? Please be brief (100-200 words).

Ever since I was a child, I knew I was different from the kids my age. I was not better, just different. When I think back to my childhood, the most blissful memories for me were made every day at six o'clock in the evening while watching political news with my father. I suppose it is due, in part, to my early appreciation for the majesty of politics and in part to my father's insatiable desire for information. As bizarre as it sounds, there is nothing that provides me with more satisfaction than watching a news anchor analyzing a political situation on television. I want to study Political Communication because I want to dive into a field where my passion for politics and my natural desire for information would be essential for my academic preparation. I want to be part of the rising group of Emerson students committed to bringing innovation to the communication field.
relly21 3 / 13  
I think this essay is great!

I just think that your first two sentences are a little unnecessary. You can actually begin it with your third sentence and use the extra words to maybe elaborate on your love for politics or something.

Good luck! :)
jane_the 5 / 30  
Hi, =)
I think your essay is very good. You made a smooth approach to the prompt, honestly, for me, this kind of prompt is rather tricky.

I want to be part of the rising group of Emerson students committed to bringing innovation to the communication field.
but here's where it gets a little bit abstruse; I see that you are really interested in politic, but at the end, which is a crucial part of an essay, you stated that you wanted to bring innovation to the "communication field". I think you might want to consider changing your closing sentence into something more related to politic, rather than communication, or perhaps both of them.

this is just a suggestion, what do you think?

Good Luck =)
OP manchesterpma 2 / 6  
THANK YOU :) I THINK U ARE RIGHT!
OP manchesterpma 2 / 6  
What do you guys think about this?

My most blissful childhood memories were created every day at six o'clock in the evening while watching political news with my father. I suppose it is due, in part, to my particular appreciation for Panama's political process and in part to my father's insatiable need for information. As bizarre as it sounds, there is nothing that provides me with more satisfaction than watching a news anchor analyzing a political situation on television. I want to study Political Communication because I want to dive into a field where my interest for government, social advocacy and information will be essential for my academic preparation. Studying Political Communication will challenge me to analyze my thinking process and to develop further political ideas that might influence my country's body politic in the near future.
jane_the 5 / 30  
Yep, I think this one is better =)
You are getting more specific, which is good =)

Good Luck!=)
Studying Political Communication will challenge me to analyze my thinking process and to develop further political ideas that might influence my country's body politic in the near future.----This is the only sentence I don't really like. It certainly is great, but the quality of the paragraph shows that you can do better. Instead of making a general affirmation that you can 'influence the...politic' you can say something specific about a popular, urgent need for reform... something many people feel strongly about that needs to be improved. What do YOU feel strongly about improving in government? You can get specific at the end.

Home / Undergraduate / Why Political Communication? Common App 200 words