Political Science Dept/ Study Abroad Why Tufts (50 words)

shannon92 15 / 74  
Which aspects of Tufts' curriculum or undergraduate experience prompt your application? In short: ''Why Tufts?''

I feel that Tufts is a perfect match for my future intellectual pursuits and is exactly the learning environment I have been looking for: a research university with a liberal arts feeling. I plan to flourish in Tuft's strong Political Science department and think it will help me pin down my future career goals.

Also, I would like to study abroad in France my Junior year, and I am intrigued by Tuft's excellent Study-In-Paris Program and can't wait to immerse myself in French culture and language.

(can only be 500 characters)
tuna624 3 / 6  
Hi. I'm not sure my opinion will help but...
I think you should put little details.
How many characters are left? If you have enough characters for a sentence,
you should definitely put a little detail like why you want "a research university with a liberal arts feeling" or anything else. But I think it's a good start!

I know how difficult to write 500 characters essays:s Good luck!
yf8651 16 / 31  
I agree qith tuna624, you need to give more details in your first paragraph.
I find out that you have reached the word limit, thus you have to cut some unnecessay sentence or make them more concise to put more info in you article.

It is really a hard work to balance. I think you must have the same feeling as me since I also apply to Tufts. I have put much efforts to this essay to make it better.

Good luck to you and me!
OP shannon92 15 / 74  
New Version advice please? I'll return the favor :) :) :)

I am a learning equilibrist. I have never been able to sacrifice what I want to know for simply what I need to know, and because of this I will flourish in the liberty of academic exploration and interdisciplinary studies offered at Tufts. Tufts is the perfect place for me to pursue my interest of becoming a lawyer while letting me continue my studies of science and math. Also, I would like to study abroad in France in my Junior year, and I am intrigued by Tuft's excellent Study-In-Paris Program; I can't wait to immerse myself in French culture and language.
autogunny 3 / 72  
equilibrist.

i would take that word and replace it with a non-sat word.

Tufts is the perfect place for me

take that out and instead of saying 'french culture and language' actually list out the specific things you want to learn.

For example say I can't wait to taste ____(food) and... etc.

Can you critique my BU three words?
OP shannon92 15 / 74  
WHICH IS BETTER? THANKS

Being a student of many interests, I am compelled by Tuft's emphasis on crossing traditional disciplinary boundaries. I plan to flourish in the strong Political Science department and I know that Tuft's will give me a solid liberal arts background and prepare me well for law school.

Also, I would like to study abroad in France in my Junior year, and I am intrigued by Tuft's excellent Study-In-Paris Program; I can't wait to immerse myself in French culture and language.

OR
I am a learning equilibrist. I cannot sacrifice what I want to know for simply what I need to know, and because of this I will flourish in the liberty of academic exploration and interdisciplinary studies offered at Tufts. My avid interests in science, law and math could only be satiated by a school who places so much emphasis on a well rounded education. In addition, I am drawn to Tufts because of it's wonderful Study-In-Paris Program, an opportunity for me to continue my studies of French language and immerse myself in the culture.
princeatujaini /  
I like the second one. I know autogunny said don't use equilibrist, but since you added higher vocabulary to the rest of the statement, "equilibrist" does not stick out. I do agree with him, however, that you should be more specific about what you want out of Paris. Saying "culture" doesn't really say anything. 500 characters really make it difficult!

Home / Undergraduate / Political Science Dept/ Study Abroad Why Tufts (50 words)