Political science/ Lived in 1 place/ rich&poor gap/ my club; BROWN supp/short answers

kittykat22 2 / 5  
WHY POLITICAL SCIENCE?
I've always been willing to help other people. Whether I landed a book or I got someone out of trouble, I was there for those who needed me. I chose the political science program, because I believe it will help me broaden my thinking and it will shape me to help the people around me.

Why BROWN? the architect of your education:
Before going to high-school I had to decide what program to take and I settled for the most challenging that my country offers. It combined sciences with humanities. I always took my own decisions and so far I chose well. Being the architect of my education would help me develop my self-advocacy skills and while I would be busy to state my opinion in debating critical issues during political science classes, I would also have the chance to pursue my desire to write and to do community service. I would be able to design my curriculum in my own way, to make it personal and to become more adult in my choices.

Have you always live in the same place?
While I have always lived in the same place, I traveled a lot during summer participating in different international summer camps all over Europe, but what I enjoyed most was meeting new people and making new friends.

If I could do something with no risk of failing I would...Dedicate all my life to make the gap between the rich and the impoverished disappear.

What is something you created that makes you especially proud and why?
I have my own club where I teach orphan children how to engage in useful activities such as: keeping the environment clean, dancing, drawing post-cards and then selling them to make money and operating on a computer. Even if I am just a teenager who wanted to make a difference, I tried to prepare these children for successful adulthood by teaching them how to make decisions for themselves because this is the skill that they lacked most. I was skeptical at first, because I didn't know how they would respond to my challenge, but I am now proud that I had the initiative to show them another side of their lives.

We all exist within communities or groups of various sizes, origins, and purposes; pick one and tell us why it is important to you, and how it has shaped you.

Even though we are so different in so many ways, my classmates form one of the most important group in my life. Among us are those who want to become doctors, architects, lawyers as well as those who haven't decided what major they want to pursue. But the most inspiring thing is that we don't love each other in spite of who we are, but because of it. They are such kind human beings and I am really grateful because together they taught me to think of myself as a unique and brave person. They are among the people who motivate me to make a difference in this world and who arouse my desire to understand everyone's point-of-view. Due to their diverse beliefs I am able to respect and accept opinions apart from my own.
Reckoner234 1 / 2  
I wouldn't say "I settled for the most challenging that my country offers", you are not settling for anything, you made the decision to challenge yourself. So just change that word to something stronger.

For the question "Have you always live in the same place?", you answered the question but very scarcely. You can talk about different people you have met when traveling, but also talk about what living in the same place has meant to you and how it affected you.

That's what I got...
OP kittykat22 2 / 5  
Thanks for the suggestions, but I only have 300 characters to answer the question "have you always lived in the same place?". I will change "settled" though..thanks again!

Home / Undergraduate / Political science/ Lived in 1 place/ rich&poor gap/ my club; BROWN supp/short answers