Why Poly? / Area of interest / Polythinker / Inventor) - Poly Supplements

TheFgt 1 / -  
This is for the NYU-Poly supplements. Any feedback, suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Why do you want to attend NYU-Poly?
I want to attend to NYU-Poly because I know that by attending NYU-Poly I would be receiving a quality education in a variety of fields in math, science or engineering. NYU-Poly also has great resources, such as quality labs and equipment, great professors and the fact that it's located in NYC. Being in NYC allows many opportunities for internships or jobs and gain acquire valuable work experience.

Tell us why you selected your major or your area of interest.
My area of interest is computer science because since my parents got me Game Boy, I wasn't just fascinated with the game but also wondered how it worked. Soon enough I started to use the computer and that also interested me. And as I grew up the curiosity grew and I learned about many small things but never could really pieced it together. Now that in high school I have taken computer science courses and I can begin to piece together how many games and computer work.

How are you a 'PolyThinker'?
When I'm confronted with a problem, such as a programming or math or physics problems, I usually get a general idea on how to do it, so I do it. But sometimes I'm still skeptical about the answer and solve it differently and compare. When I'm confronted with a problem where the answer isn't obvious, I think about it critically and analytically to begin to look at it differently in an attempt to look for the solutions and I begin applying other materials until I solve it and fully understand it.

If you could spend one day in New York City with a famous inventor, who would you like it to be, where would you go, and why?

I would take Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, one of the inventor of calculus, to the Museum of Mathematics because I can take him to an area where math is greatly appreciated. Even though it hasn't opened yet, I can show him the beauty of mathematics and art together. The museum will also show him the applications of math and especially calculus. Because without calculus, many technology would not exist today and the world would without it would be different.
Belinda 1 / 2  
Well... As for the second question (Tell us why you selected your major or your area of interest), I bet you should provide more details in how computer science interests you. I mean, like, which specific part of the games or computers appeals you and motivates you to learn more during the undergraduate education?
mzontario 9 / 43  
In your first paragraph, try not to repeat the question to answer it. Go straight into it.

I would take Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, one of the inventorS of calculus

The museum will also show him the applications of math and especially calculus, for without it, many technology would not exist today and the world without it would be very different.

Don't use contractions.

Good job!

Home / Undergraduate / Why Poly? / Area of interest / Polythinker / Inventor) - Poly Supplements