Positive contribution to my own views of conflict and foreign affairs. Professor I'd Like to Study

isgluska 2 / 4  
Name a Penn professor with whom you would like to study or conduct research and explain why

Feedback? Anything would be helpful...Thanks

Penn offers its undergraduates an eminent faculty and a wealth of research opportunities. Use the space below to name a Penn professor with whom you would like to study or conduct research and explain why.

Dr. Ian Lustick is very active in Middle Eastern politics, specifically in the Israeli and Palestinian conflict. He was president of multiple organizations that worked to understand global conflicts and historical issues in politics. He was honored with several awards, one of which came from the U.S. Institute of Peace. I have always been interested in how conflict and foreign affairs effect government and society, especially in this region because my family originates from Israel. Dr. Lustick's current research project concentrates on prospects for peace between Israelis and Palestinians. I have found we share the same passion for understanding and examining the variables that effect conflict in Middle Eastern politics and searching for a possible solution. I believe with Dr. Lustick's superior experience with Middle Eastern politics will positively contribute to my own views of conflict and foreign affairs and help me attain the skills needed to help solve the Middle East conflict.

This is my final version. I had to cut it down because of length requirements. Any advice would be great. Thanks again :)
Well, the essay has many good things going for it. It is very specific, with a personal connection to the issue. Here are a few minor changes you might want to consider making:

"He was president of multiple organizations that worked to understand global conflicts and historical issues in politics and now works to educate others about these topics."

"For his contributions he was honored with several awards, one of which came from the United States Institute of Peace"

"that effect conflict in Middle Eastern politics and searching for a possible solution." Do you mean "effect" or "affect" in this sentence? I think both would actually work, though you would be using a less common meaning of effect if you go with that.
OP isgluska 2 / 4  
Thank you very much. Do you think it is too specific? Does it still answer the prompt sufficiently?

Home / Undergraduate / Positive contribution to my own views of conflict and foreign affairs. Professor I'd Like to Study