"a positive impact on people's lives" commitment to a career in primary health care.

Indy511 1 / -  
As a central role in health care systems worldwide, primary health care providers can administer immediate and continuing care to patients of all ages. My interest in becoming a physician assistant stems from wanting to learn about and treat a wide range of health conditions. Because of the shortage of health care providers in low-income areas, these communities may not receive the latest education and preventative care that will teach them how to care for themselves and their families and avoid conditions like hypertension or diabetes. I hope to work with a wide range of income and ethnic groups to encourage proper nutrition, the value of exercise, as well as routine doctor visits; instilling the importance of these items into everyone's healthcare practice.

As a primary health care provider, I want to treat patients from birth to adulthood and into their senior years offering them continuity of care throughout their life. To provide the best quality health care to my patients I will inquire and obtain knowledge from my fellow colleagues about health situations that are not familiar to me. Primary health care is a link between community health care and more specialized care at higher levels in the health care system. As a primary health care provider I can also act as a coordinator between specialists, hospitals, and my patients when further specialized care may be necessary. Acting as a coordinator will allow me to implement the most effective combinations of services to treat the condition present in my patient's life. Strengthening and increasing my knowledge in all aspects of healthcare is valuable to me when providing the most appropriate care for my patients.

I look forward to building dependable and strong relationships with my patients so they feel at ease to see me when they are in need of health services for themselves and their families. I want to educate the community about important topics of living healthy so they in turn live long and prosperous lives. Through compassion, education and promoting prevention, my patients will see my dedication to them, to the community and to their health. I have chosen to become a physician assistant so I can have a positive impact on people's lives, teaching healthy living and caring for those in need.

* I would love any advice any one has!
adelahj 1 / 2  
I like the fact you know what it is you would like to do as a health care provider. But, if this is going to be submitted somewhere, do not include the income statement. Most people don't like seeing that in an essay.

Home / Undergraduate / "a positive impact on people's lives" commitment to a career in primary health care.