Power is a quality that my mind has an affinity for; UC - An Ending to Infinity

makman09 9 / 86  
Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

An Ending to Infinity

Power is a quality that my mind has an affinity for. I can never be satisfied with the current amount because my eyes lust for more, but what does power have to do with my personal quality. My affinity for power is my personal quality. Anyone who reads these words will assume that I was born to be an aristocrat because anyone in society that has a lust for power is seen as an elitist, but I was born into a middle class family of a Pakistani minority. My affinity for power doesn't define me as an elitist, but as someone who wants to face challenges and conquer them to acquire power in order to face more difficult challenges. I want to to continue this into an endless cycle in which I rise in strength and power after each challenge I defeat. Why is this so?

Through many years of failure and being held back in elementary school, I was ridiculed, seen as weak and doltish, and expected to fail. My younger life fueled me to surpass others, but once I surpassed, why didn't I stop? I discovered that I can not stay at the same state indefinitely because my conscious refuses a task after excelling in it. I deplore anything that can be completed and mastered easily. This is why I do not desire to live a common life where after college, I settle in stable, constant environment with a family and a good career. I want to transcend above that lifestyle for a more burdensome and salient one. Some might refute the last two statements by labeling me a youth who is inexperienced of reality and bounded by meaningless dreams. However they label me, ignorant or egotistic, I will not expel myself from this cycle nor annihilate this personal quality.

By power, I do not mean gaining large sum of wealth or have acquaintances with men in expensive suits smoking high quality cigars. By power, I mean understanding complex topics, analyzing patterns unseen by the rest, and connecting every critical thought together to widen my perspective so I can form strategies and manipulate my environment into my advantage. I do not lust for power like that of a dictator, but I lust for power that will aid me in conquering challenges.

My affinity for power parallels a never ending epic. The hero and I are subjected to altercations, and after some time of agony, sweat, and blood, we conquer the conflict. The hero gains a new power while I gain a new skill. We both wield our acquired weapons, fight again, and thus, continue a constant process to acquire one item, the infinity blade, the most powerful asset to oneself that only can be acquired at the end of a infinite cycle although there isn't a ending in reality.
Dilara1010 4 / 17  
Power is a quality that my mind has an affinity for. I grammatically it is not good to end with that word, try to change it up a bit.

I can never be satisfied with the current amount of power because my eyes lust for more, but what does power have to do with my personal quality?

Home / Undergraduate / Power is a quality that my mind has an affinity for; UC - An Ending to Infinity