'Preeclampsia' - A personal narrative essay

hend nga 1 / 1  
A lesson learned..I wonder, is it at all possible to learn harsh lessons of our life? Indeed in most spheres of human activity we can hope to take our previous mistakes into consideration and avoid them in the future. but concerning my feelings, is it right to blame myself about my baby death.?

It was an unforgettable day for me. I lost my fetal in the eighth month because of a silly problem between me and my husband, I lost him because of extreme nervousness, I got high blood pressure which led to "Preeclampsia". At first doctors refused to tell me, but after my health deteriorated they refused hold surgery for me, later I know. I can't forget what my feeling was at this time, it was a mixed feeling of sadness, fear, pain, and anger. I reached the edge of death. I wished death with my son at this moment. But suddenly hesitated words of a verse from Quran in my ears over and over again," He bringeth forth the living from the dead, and He bringeth forth the dead from the living."

Doctors saved my life but now that time has passed, I of course remember well the emotional turmoil that accompanied me. But now I am no longer too pessimistic. It is a daunting task to learn all lessons of our emotional experiences.
kc2vwx 1 / 2  
I love the first two paragraphs, they're very emotional and highly engaging. They kept my attention. However, I feel as though what you learned, how you changed, or how you have moved on needs to be stated more clearly, and be a larger part of the piece.
Salikron 5 / 21 1  
Hi, hend nga. ^^
your writing was interesting and kept my attention too,
I enjoye reading your essay. But, I think you might want to expound on your conclusion a little.
Overall, I love it. ^_^
Hi, Hend Nga
I like the way you have presented your emotions in the essay... I do have a few suggestions nonetheless...

is it at all possible to learn harsh lessons of our life?

Why is it that we only learn the harsh lessons in life?

is it right to blame myself about my baby's death.?

Before this phrase you have used "concerning my feelings." It doesn't seem to match what you are trying say with the next phrase.

Also I think the conclusion of your essay needs a bit more elaboration. Hope my suggestions help. :)
OP hend nga 1 / 1  
Thank you very much

Home / Undergraduate / 'Preeclampsia' - A personal narrative essay