"Be Prepared" and "No Sacrifice, No Victory!"

VampireAngel 5 / 8 1  
Shaped by the Modern Age

The two mottos that have made me unique and have embedded themselves into my heart, mind, and soul are: "Be Prepared," and "No Sacrifice, No Victory!"

Ever since I heard Mufasa sing "Be Prepared," I have always been on the lookout for everything that needs to be prepared for. As the saying goes "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade," so when in first grade I heard of Boy Scouts (the best organization ever), I just had to join it. During Boy Scouts, I learned that my favorite motto has wiggled its way into my life again so I had to stick with it. Since I had the motto already memorized, I excelled in scouts enthusiastically and even managed a couple of wins with my Pine Wood Derby cars. Now by the time you have read this letter, I am now an Eagle Scout and have started working on Ranger in the Venturing crew of my troop.

A few years ago a movie made it to the top of the top ten charts when everyone thought it couldn't and if it hadn't made it, I may have never have heard of the second quote that touched my life. Transformers taught me allot about technology so started to love that and it takes a whole other turn on my life and throws a huge quote out to me that I immediately grasp and never forget no matter how much I put into my mind, the quote "No Sacrifice, No Victory!" will never leave, and I'm happy for that to happen because this quote has helped me through allot of decisions that I have hated making during Middle School and High School.

Do to my love of technology, books, music, and movies, I have gained excessive knowledge through all of the facts that I have learned that I now sometimes edit everything I read. Both grammar and spelling errors are found all over this world and no one is trying anything to stop the decline of the human race that is present every day. Ever since this impending doom dawned on me, I have tried to live every day to its fullest and life has been great. But, I now have an extremely poor social life and very little friends. However, the friends I do have are good ones that anyone would love to have.

One thing I do is I help out everyone that I come into contact with. No matter what the job is, it is always hard to say no to it. Like the time when I was going around school selling popcorn for Boy Scouts, I went to a teacher who needed a few extra hands on the tech team for the Fall show and since I had experience, in tech theater, I had no way of saying no. When the show was done with, in December I received a poster to keep for the show with everyone's signature from the show. I now have decided to help the theater out and join the tech team again since I found it fun and exciting.

Ever since joining band, I have grown more excited as I have received a deeper understanding of music through practice and perfection. When I joined band, I was the smallest tuba player in my town and now I have gone through several growth spurts and am playing exceedingly well compared to then, when I was taught wrong.

Just recently, I had the choice of just refereeing the games I was assigned or doing that and getting a few extra. So I thought "The pay is good and I still can't say no when my schedule is empty." So I said yes and got three extra games I mean sure the pays well but three extra games was we'll worth it even if it was in the hot sun. During this day my sacrifice was family time and getting allot of sun, but my victory was a little extra money and time spent doing something that I love.

When I did my Eagle Scout Project, I had to think carefully about how I was going to help a school when it finally came to me. I decided to paint their playground area since there was no education on the playground.

When I think back to all of this and more, I can only see one thing: I am not like anyone else.
divya2010 3 / 4  
to start with with your letter is fantastic. i mean its been a long time since i last read a letter so enticing and personal. i feel that the setences in the body are bit too long as in they should be short and sweet.the little sarcasm involved is nice! and a few grammatical mistakes like "do to" in place of "due to" can be ignored. well done! ALL D BEST vampire angel
Let's not capitalize all words:
"Be prepared," and, "No sacrifice, no victory!"
Also, do you see where I added a comma?

Here is another capitalization error:
making during middle school and high school.

But Yet, I now have an extremely poor social life and very little few friends. However, the friends I do have are good ones that anyone would love to have.---good! It is better to have a few good books than a lot of books that bother you all the time.

I like this sentence: When I joined band, I was the smallest tuba player in my town, and now I have gone through several growth spurts and am playing exceedingly well compared to then, when I better than when I had been taught wrong.

I think you should add one more sentence to the end... a final thought to leave the reader contemplating.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "Be Prepared" and "No Sacrifice, No Victory!"