'the president of Taekwondo Club' - common app short answer - extracurricular

Sapphire 8 / 10  
Although initiative may cause troubles, it is worthwhile. When I was elected as the president of Taekwondo Club, I was initiated to organize a field trip. At first, I thought that it would be an easy task as long as I followed the protocol. Nevertheless, I was wrong. Many problems arose - insufficient fund due to lack of participants and rushed deadlines. It was difficult for me to promote and persuade students to participate the trip as I was not a persuasive person. I learned some persuading skills from my friends and would even practised on my own when i was bathing. After weeks of running around the school convincing everyone, I finally had enough partipants. Due to rushed deadline, I spent more time after school to get the miscellaneous things done. I was glad that the trip was successful. Moreover, I gained experience through it.

Please help check if there is any grammar mistakes. All comments are welcomed.
Thanks.
Although initiative may cause troubles, it is worthwhile. When I was elected as the president of Taekwondo Club, I was initiated to organize a field trip. At first, I thought that it would be an easy task as long as I followed the protocol. Nevertheless, I was wrong. Many problems arose: insufficient funds due to lack of participants and rushed deadlines. It was difficult for me to promote the event and persuade students to participate the trip, because I was not a persuasive person. I learned some persuasion skills from my friends and would even practised on my own when i was alone . After weeks of running around the school convincing everyone, I finally had enough participants . Due to rushed deadline, I spent more time after school to get the miscellaneous things done. I was glad that the trip was successful. Moreover, I gained experience through it.

Great job! I wonder if this exprience has anything to do with your intended major????

If so, mention that.
OP Sapphire 8 / 10  
Thanks. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with my intended major.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the president of Taekwondo Club' - common app short answer - extracurricular