Previous academic experiences and explanation for desire to transfer to Maryland

isaacabe 1 / -  

UMD 300 word essay for transfer student

An essay describing your past academic experiences and your reasons for wishing to transfer to Maryland at this point in your academic career is required. Students who have been out of school for several years, or who have a personal circumstance that affected their academic performance, may wish to address that situation in their essay. Your essay should be no more than 300 words.

Ever since the day I decide to join community college, I knew that I wanted to electrical and computer engineer. My academic experience at Baltimore City Community College is awesome in terms of grade, but I have some limitation extracurricular activities such as research, internship, organization involvement and student competitions. The limitation is occurred due to personal reasons and taking extra classes during summer. So, in the first year when started looking at 4 years universities, I realized that needed to pick one that had a research opportunity, internship, community engagement and also I want the school that helps me to accomplish my research plan about energy sources.

After looking several schools, I decided that UMD electrical and computer engineering program is my first choice. The fundamental reason I decided to join UMD was the school provide things that are acquired for my career plan. As mentioned on the website of UMD they offer Undergraduate Research Fellowships, internship opportunities, professional engineering organization involvement, and student competitions. Besides the points I mentioned earlier they help me to improve and enhance my mathematics, physics, basic engineering science knowledge.

I got an opportunity to visit UMD during fall TERP of 2017. I was able to meet with kind members of alumni, which work with a student like a hand in glove then we visit classrooms, laboratories and surrounds. I was impressed by specific undergraduate extracurricular activities, which includes on-campus and off-campus opportunity. In the internship, I would have a chance to gain professional experience from popular companies like Ultisat, Clark construction and Exelon, which will provide me the best resources to feel prepared for the future. My transcript reveals that I have done satisfactorily at BCCC furthermore, I know would develop my knowledge at UMD. ECE program at UMD is perfectly meet my career interests and professional goals.
yisak, I believe that the essay is not balanced. You have 300 words for this essay so device a way to distribute the words throughout the required prompt responses. You must accurately describe what was good about Baltimore City Community College, what classes you excelled in and how far you feel the college has taken you closer to achieving your dream profession. After that, you need to be specific, also within 100 words regarding what the personal reason was that made you fail achieve certain academic considerations. Also explain why you had to take extra classes during the summer. As for your reasons for transferring, don't say you got the information from the website. Instead, do some research and look into the specific program names for internship and research that attracted you to the university. Then explain how those fit into your academic goals. Your essay doesn't really come across as effective because of the lack of necessary information. It would be better if you write a new essay that uses my suggestions as a guideline for your response instead. Write the essay in long form first then slowly edit the content until you have an accurate essay of 300 words or less written. You will find that the essay will become more relevant in content and also offer you an opportunity to create an interesting, to the point response which the reviewer will appreciate.
zhayendzuji 2 / 11 4  
@isaacabe
Your essay is concise and it tells all your plans. However, you may need to mention details of your research plan, how ECE at UMD is an excellent institution to go to so you can achieve your research.

Also, be careful of your grammar. You may need to rephrase some sentences so transition of ideas is smooth.
DoctorWho - / 46 29  
Hello!!

Like it's said above, there are many grammatical errors. So, I would suggest you go through it once more before submitting it. On the whole, otherwise you have a good content.

Para 1 - Since the day I decided to join community college ( alternative - Use the word pursue instead of join ) I knew I wanted to become an electrical and computer engineer. For the next line, try to use another word instead of awesome. Research, Internship and other education related activities don't qualify as extra curricular activities ( ie. sports and recreation, etc) so don't mention it as the same.

Para 2- After exploring several schools and the programs they offer, I decided that UMD.......... was my top choice.

Para 3- During your visit, did you visit the alumni or faculty. They both mean different things so make sure you have the right one written.

The ECE program at UMD will perfectly meet my career interest and professional goals.

Home / Undergraduate / Previous academic experiences and explanation for desire to transfer to Maryland