The pride and unity; Virginia Tech Essay/ 5 reasons you want to be a Hokie

cbirdy 1 / -  
Please leave a comment. Thanks!

As soon as I stepped onto the Virginia Tech campus I could sense something different. The pride and unity felt by the students was infections and within minutes I knew I wanted to be a Hokie. To me college is a great opportunity to find what I am truly interested in. The dozens of different sports, clubs, intramurals, and other activities offer so many opportunities to find another passion. It makes Tech more then just a place to learn, it is a place where I can truly experience all the different activities there are. Even when I was a little kid I knew I would never be happy in a cubicle. I adore the outside world and the daily challenges that come with it. I have always held onto this love but never thought I could make it a career, that is until I learned about the College of Agriculture at Virginia Tech. I know that the joining this reputable program will help to put me on a path to success in my life. Six members in my family have graduated from or are attending Penn State. Attending this college is my legacy, but, as the eldest native born Virginian in my family, I have decided to start my own legacy. Becoming a Hokie would allow me to start on a new and different path. Having experienced the Tech lifestyle for a month as a student of the Governors School for Agriculture I can already tell the Virginia Tech would be the perfect place for me to grow and learn not only as a student but also as a person.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
The pride and unity felt by the students was infections???? and within minutes I knew I wanted to be a Hokie.

The pride and unity of its students was so obvious and within minutes I knew I wanted to be a Hokie.

It makes Tech more then just a place to learn, it is a place where I can truly experience all the different activities there are

... this sentence and the previous one are loosely connected. I feel your flow is getting disturbed here.

To me college is a great opportunity to find what I am truly interested in. The dozens of different sports, clubs, intramurals, and other activities offer so many opportunities to find another passion.

To me, college is a great opportunity to find out myself ; what I am truly interested in. I find myself at Virginia Tech through its dozens of different sports, clubs, intramural and other activities.

Home / Undergraduate / The pride and unity; Virginia Tech Essay/ 5 reasons you want to be a Hokie