princeton my last two summers

prl 5 / 3  
I try not to waste any time during my summer vacations. My last two summers have been both tiring and a lot of fun. We own a summer house in a small village called Foca and we have been going there since I was 2 years old.

Volleyball comprises a lot of my life. I don't get the chance to relax for a long period of time because I have volleyball trainings 5 days a week.

Also the Junior National League finals occur during summer. Last year our team has been qualified for the tournament which lasted for a week.After all the endless and contentious matches, we took the third place.

When I don't play volleyball, I like to relax and spare time for myself, friends and family. I go out and swim with my friends. I read a lot of books, especially detective science fiction. Since I don't have enough time to read during winter, I try to read as much as I can.

I also enjoy swimming very much. It is a life saving activity for hot summer days. Summer is a great time to socialize with people. Since Foca is a small place, I know a lot of people. We have known each other for a long time, and we spend many hours together. As a family, we like to travel a lot and experience different cultures. Besides going to summer places like Bodrum and Chesme, we choose to visit a foreign country every year. We went to Budaphest two years ago. We visited all the historic places, tasted traditional meals and inevitably enchanted by the city.

I also like being involved in sports activities during the summer. For instance, I sail and play beach volley at every opportunity. Sailing has always been my passion. The feeling of being alone in the sea and just racing with the waves eases me up. In addition I learned windsurfing last summer.It was compelling at first but Igot used to it immediately since water sports is the best option to spend a summer day. I also want to learn how to wakeboard and paracycle.

On my own, I prefer experiencing new things and widen my horizon, rather than just laying down and resting. As you can see, I like being involved in something mainly because it gives me the satisfaction and pleasure of knowing that I am spending my time properly.

*I couldn't handle the end of it. What do you think?
It is all great, except I'm not sure about this last part:

On my own, I prefer experiencing...

How about:

When I have the option, I prefer experiencing...

or:

I am ambitious about my experiences, in the sense that I prefer experiencing...

Good luck!!!!
amy 5 / 39  
Awesome job. I love volleyball too! What position do you play?
Anyways, I thought you essay was meaningful and really displayed who you truly are. Nice job.

Home / Undergraduate / princeton my last two summers