'the pro at relaxing' - the world within-Tufts supplement

cherrybomb94 20 / 44  
The prompt: Consider the world within. Taste in music, food, and clothing can make a statement while politics, sports, religion, and ethnicity are often defining attributes. Are you a vegetarian? A poet? Do you prefer YouTube or test tubes, Mac or PC? Use the richness of your identity to frame your personal outlook.

So you want to know who I am, huh, Tufts? Well, to start off, I am very energetic person by nature and am often engaged in random, spur-of-the-moment activities: baking muffins in the middle of the day, inventing crazy dance moves, occasionally even bursting into song. When all my energy is burnt out, however, I'm quite the pro at relaxing. I love going to Barnes & Noble and plopping down in a fluffy chair with a good read in one hand and a caramel macchiato in the other. My favorite things to read are periodicals-anything from Time to People to Psychology Today-though I'm also a good fan of the "bestsellers" section. If there's one thing you ought to know about me, it's that I'm a knowledge freak-I love to feel like a sponge, absorbing as much information as I can. I enjoy reading textbooks for fun (yeah, I'm a nerd), and I have copies of The Duke Encyclopedia of New Medicine and Psychology 101 in my room. I think they're interesting, but maybe that's just because I'm weird. Another thing about me is that I have a knack for English movies. Have you seen An Education or Notes on a Scandal? If you haven't, you absolutely must! They are wonderful movies, and I think that they're best enjoyed with a pint of Ben & Jerry's (ice cream makes everything better). Anyways, that's about all I can tell you in 250 words. Hopefully you think I'm "Tufts-y" enough!
Hilianas94 - / 6  
So you want to know who I am, huh, Tufts? Well, to start off, I am very energetic person by nature and am often engaged in random, spur-of-the-moment activities: baking muffins in the middle of the day, inventing crazy dance moves, occasionally even bursting into song. When all my energy is burnt out, however, I'm quite the pro at relaxing. I love going to Barnes & Noble and plopping down in a fluffy chair with a good read in one hand and a caramel macchiato in the other. My favorite things to read are periodicals-anything from Time to People to Psychology Today-though I'm also a good fan of the "bestsellers" section. If there's one thing you ought to know about me, it's that I'm a knowledge freak-I love to feel like a sponge, absorbing as much information as I can. I enjoy reading textbooks for fun (yeah, I'm a nerd) , and I have copies of The Duke Encyclopedia of New Medicine and Psychology 101 in my room. I think they're interesting, but maybe that's just because I'm weird. Another thing about me is that I have a knack for English movies. Have you seen An Education or Notes on a Scandal? If you haven't, you absolutely must! They are wonderful movies, and I think that they're best enjoyed with a pint of Ben & Jerry's ( ice cream makes everything better) . Anyways, that's about all I can tell you in 250 words. Hopefully you think I'm "Tufts-y" enough!

I loved it but consider changing you 's into "one" (for example "if one were to watch the movie..."). Other than that I enjoyed reading your supplement. Good luck.
OP cherrybomb94 20 / 44  
Here's my revised version! Any critiques?

I am very energetic person by nature and am often engaged in random, spur-of-the-moment activities: baking muffins in the middle of the day, inventing crazy dance moves, occasionally even bursting into song. When all my energy is burnt out, however, I'm quite the pro at relaxing. I love going to Barnes & Noble and plopping down in a fluffy chair with a good read in one hand and a caramel macchiato in the other. My favorite things to read are periodicals-anything from Time to People to Psychology Today-though I'm also a good fan of the "bestsellers" section. If there's one thing you ought to know about me, it's that I'm a knowledge freak-I love to feel like a sponge, absorbing as much information as I can. I enjoy reading textbooks for fun, and I have copies of The Duke Encyclopedia of New Medicine and Psychology 101 in my room. I think they're interesting, but maybe that's just because I'm weird. Another thing about me is that I have a knack for English movies. Two of my favorites are 'An Education' and 'Notes on a Scandal'-I think these movies are wonderful, and that they are enjoyed best with a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Anyways, that's about all I can tell you in 250 words. Hopefully you think I'm "Tufts-y" enough!
Hilianas94 - / 6  
I like it. Glad to help.
OP cherrybomb94 20 / 44  
does anyone have any more comments/advice?

Home / Undergraduate / 'the pro at relaxing' - the world within-Tufts supplement