PROBLEM WITH SPEAKING ENGLISH; Education interruption essay [Commonapp application]

gchiara13 2 / 2  
Hi there, if you're familiar with Commonapp, I'm now in the Education section and reached to the point where it asks about my education history, here's the copy-pasted instructions:

Education Interruption

If your progression through secondary school was or will be delayed or interrupted in any way, please check all that apply.
1. did not/will not graduate
2. did/will graduate early
3. did/will graduate late
4. did/will change secondary schools
5. did/will take time off
6. did/will take gap year
7. did/will receive GED

I moved to another country during secondary level and took five months off to learn English as I couldn't speak English two years ago. I guess have to put a check on number 4 and 5 right?

So here's my essay to justify my education history:

As the backbone of the family, my father has constantly found the urge to take better opportunities for his children's education regardless how many times we have moved to different cities in Indonesia. However, I only learned under Indonesian education system back then.

In June 2010, right after I finished 10th grade, my father told we were moving to a neighboring country, Malaysia. Unfortunately, I had an extremely low experience of speaking English to go to an international school. This had led me to take a five-month intensive English course to prepare myself to attend an English-speaking school.

After five months learning English, I enrolled in International School of Kuala Lumpur in the middle of the school year. I decided to repeat the sophomore year as it was thought to be necessary to prepare for college.

Total words: 136

Feel free to correct any grammar error or take out any unnecessary lines if you see any and thank you for taking your time reading this!!
chocolateshoppe 5 / 19 4  
As thebeing the backbone of the family, my father has constantly found the urge to takeseeked outbetter opportunities for his children's education regardless ofhow many times we have moved to different cities in Indonesiathe number of times we have moved . However, I only learned under Indonesian education system back then . I have only ever been instructed under the Indonesian education system back then.

In June 2010, right after I finishedfinishing 10th grade, my father told me that we were moving to a neighboring country called Malaysia. Unfortunately, I had an extremely low experience of speaking English to go to an international school I had not the sufficient level of English to attend an English-speaking international school. This had led me to take a five-month intensive English course to prepare myself to attend an English-speaking school .

After five months of learning English, I enrolled in the International School of Kuala Lumpur in the middle of the school year. I decided to repeat the sophomore year as it was thought to be necessary to prepare for college.

Some grammar points, get your English teacher to check it. Your content is alright, so if you want to make it more outstanding, make your words pop out more!

I hope that helps.

Can you look at my essays titled: What does it mean to be well-educated AND what do you consider to be an act of folly? THANKS
lilyraquel52 5 / 25 2  
notes on what you could change to improve:
-more of an introduction, your first sentence kind of just threw me into what seemed to be the middle of an essay
-I would make each paragraph longer and explain more, you need more information than just the very basics

Home / Undergraduate / PROBLEM WITH SPEAKING ENGLISH; Education interruption essay [Commonapp application]