"producing and editing videos, Yearbook club" -which specific program essay For UPENN

Ngozi93 3 / 30  
UPenn

Considering both the specific undergraduate school or program to which you are applying and the broader University of Pennsylvania community, what academic, research, and/or extracurricular paths do you see yourself exploring at Penn?

Throughout my high school years at technology high school, I haven't had much of a passion or interest in anything. I was a person who didn't know what it meant to put your best efforts into something you truly loved. This all had changed when, during my junior year, I was given an assignment by my web design teacher to create a resume video for an upcoming project fair. Since the project was given before spring break, I didn't think much of it and decided to be optimistic about it.

While making the video, I discovered that I had found passion for something in life which was producing. Producing and editing a video into its final product is something that I truly enjoy to do. The reason why is because in the end, I know that the video's storyline had been developed on what I felt at the time which show parts to who I am. The result of my project video had reflected not only my personality but also the hard work I put into it. During the creation, I felt as though I was giving birth to something that both needed my creativity and time to make it brilliant and unique. The video became a part of me.

When the time came to showcase my resume video, I was given positive reviews. When people recall was "Wow that was great," I felt indescribable. To have knowledge that people can appreciate a passion artistically that had been newly found makes me exuberant. At first I was a quiet person who rarely spoke her mind, until I came to making videos. It helped to become a social butterfly that is outgoing in a variety of situations. This experience has inspired me to strive and become dedicated to any decision I make.

Even though producing and editing videos makes me feel happy on the inside and out, I still wouldn't choose it as a major in college. It would only be safe to say that video making is something that I will always consider to be a hobby. I would rather major in biology because I enjoy every form of science. I love the way you can break down an equation and there are endless terms to be learned.

If accepted into your institution I would continue my involvement in UPenn's Yearbook club. Not only have I met wonderful people through video making, but also I learned more about myself as a person. It has helped me to become more creative and taught me how to step outside the box. Like any other producer would say, the best part about it is the cast because they make the production fun.
This should be capitalized if it is the name of the school: Technology High School, is this really the name of the school? Interesting...

This is a bit confusing this way:
While making the video, I discovered that I had found passion for something in life which was producing.

We can just use a colon:
While making the video, I discovered that I had found passion for something in life: video production.

I would rather major in biology because I enjoy every form of science. ---I don't like this sentence. If you love every form of science, why choose bio over physics or something else? Maybe you can reword this sentence.

It would be great if you talked about making films and videos about biology topics! You can make biology documentaries.

Home / Undergraduate / "producing and editing videos, Yearbook club" -which specific program essay For UPENN