professional admission to undergraduate business school, why I should be part of

uofa234 1 / -  
I am an undergrad. at the university of arizona and am applying for professional admission into the business school. We have to write a cover letter attached to our resume, I am having trouble with two questions that they want us to respond to,

Give some compelling yet specific reasons why you should be part of the Eller College. (they said that they want us to convince them why they should chose me)

what can you contribute to this community?

I do not have any extra curricular activites, i have had 3 jobs in the past, but have not had one for over a year
Randyhl 8 / 33  
What makes you interested in business?

What drives your to be successful? Have you been successful? Have you been getting good grades? What deep inside of you tells you business is right for you?

What are your passions?

Show Arizona you! I know everyone repeatedly says that but it is the only way to succeed in writing college essays.
alyssadlee 4 / 9  
You don't have to be involved in a thousand things to offer something to this school. Of course, nowadays everyone is president of this club or creating this animal shelter or saving this life or traveling to this country or landing on the moon or whatever but you don't need those things to have something to contribute! Like Randyhl said, even if you did do a lot of activities or you were committed to one job, it's not those things you're showing off. It's why YOU did them or how they affected YOU. It's YOU that you are focusing on in all of this so don't be afraid to write... your feelings, what's in your head. Why do you want to be in business? Did you learn anything from your jobs? That you liked them, that you didn't like them? What are your opinions? :)
they want us to convince them why they should chose me)

Sounds like you need to make an argument that the final outcome will be better if you go to this school rather than another school. Maye this is because you have a big plan for your time at this school, involving a particular club or professor.

You also have to show that other people will benefit by your attending this school, rather than some other student attending the school. Why will the world be better served by you attending than someone else?

It all comes down to a question of what actual, real-world difference will be made by you attending this school. What will be different about your life if you attend (name of some other school) instead of this one? Tell them a story that involves you giving back to society or contributing to your field DURING your time at this school and/or after graduation. You have to identify what makes this school unique in order to identify the difference that will be made by you attending it instead of another school.

Convince them that the way in which the school is unique and the way in which your plan is unique (and you must have a real plan) are related in some significant way. :-)

Home / Undergraduate / professional admission to undergraduate business school, why I should be part of