Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"Professional Goals Statement and should explain in detail" NEED A LITTLE HELP

NEEDHELP99 3 / 11  
Please help me write a Professional Goals statement!!! I have been up all night trying to write one, and being this is my first time writing one, I have no idea how to write it. I did a ruff draft and i wanted to get it checked before i finalized it.

Thank you so much for your help and time!!!

Professional Goals Statement and should explain in detail:
- Your interest in the PharmD program
- Why you have chosen this degree program
- How you developed this interest
- Your career goals
- Any attributes and accomplishments you believe will enhance your future academic and career success.

My STATEMENT
My main reason for me to attend USP is for its PharmD program so I can achieve my goal of becoming a Pharmacist. I found out about USP and its phenomenal PharmD program from my brother, who is currently attending USP. Even though my brother was a big part in convincing me to become a pharmacist for all its benefits and high salary, there was another person that convinced me the most, my grandfather.

Even though I was still very young, I remember watching him lifeless and connected to more machines than I can count. He suffered from liver cancer and there was no surgery or medicine in the world could cure him. Looking at him so lifeless, I said to myself "No one should see their grandparents so lifeless." After my grandfathers passed away, I knew that in the future I would really want to help elders so they can always greet their grandkids with a smile.

This is why when I graduate from USP and become a pharmacist, I would like to study more in the field of geriatric pharmacy. My goal is not to cure cancer, but to make sure no one has to go through what I have gone through with my grandfather. I want everyone's grandparents to be happy to see their family members, not worrying about the pain they are suffering through. As a volunteer a Brookdale Senior Living, I have learned that most residents in Brookdale are in so much pain and sometimes medicine is the only thing that really gets them through the day. As a future pharmacist, I would do more to aid senior citizens live a healthier and happier life.

My question is: "is this long or short for a statement?" and "is all my questions answered?"

This is one i wrote for another college but a just a short essay but seems like a goal statement so i posed this too. If this one is more like a goal statement please tell me.

As a future pharmacist, I would dedicate my life to serving others for the hope of a healthier future. There are still a wide variety of illnesses that the 21st century drug cannot cure, but in the future I want to donate my time and my knowledge to the field of pharmaceutics to cure latest illnesses. To achieve my goals, I will take advantage of the six year Doctor of Pharm. program that the University of Science in Philadelphia provides for the future generation of Pharmacists. With the education from University of Rhode Island, I will provide medication to people who are ill, so they can always greet their family members with a smile on their faces.

PLEASE TELL ME WHICH ON IS BETTER TO USE, WHAT SHOULD BE FIXED, AND IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK.
Thank you sooo much for your help and time!!! I hope everyone has good luck with their colleges!!!

Home / Undergraduate / "Professional Goals Statement and should explain in detail" NEED A LITTLE HELP