'to be a programmer' - Essay about what is your something

caoyuxi 2 / 5  
Essay Question:
According to Henry David Thoreau, "One is not born into the world to do everything, but to do something." What is your something?

I am really bad at writing essays, gimme some advice and revise, thank you.

In the past, I dwelled upon many goals. However, I realize that my passion in life is to create things. The world is changing at an incredible pace. My something inspires me to take part in technological innovations that will solve our present issues and propel us toward a better future. The motivation I have for programming comes from the first game I played called Maplestory. The first thing that crossed my mind was how horrible the animation was. If I was the CEO of Nexon, I would integrate elements of different culture into the game, and increase places for socializing. Moreover, why do we have to rely on a mouse, keyboard, and controller to play, what if we could transform games into a place where people could become the characters by wearing virtual helmets and gloves that could transfer our senses to the virtual World?

By 2020, the world's population will reach 9 billion, resources will become even scarcer. The demands for clean, convenient, and energy efficient technology will go skyrocket. For this reason, I want to become a programmer, someone capable of turning ideas into reality, changing the world, and making things for the welfare of public. Without programming, we wouldn't be able to explore the universe or using calculator to perform complex calculations. Without programming, every technological product is just an empty shell. The first program I made is for pressing keys, mouse, and returning the color of a pixel at the given screen coordinates. For the first time, I felt the joy of making something that's useful to me and others. My dream is to make something that automatically protects you when danger is detected through programming. Every day, thousands of people died from robbery and homicide, I am inspired to prevent these unfortunate things to happen. Although I've only grasped the surface of this task, my goal in life is to go through it and prosper.

Everything seems so miniscule whenever I think about the impact of technology on our lives. Computers, robots, satellites, and other technology have made our lives much easier than before. Dealing something with so much creativity involved inspires me to create my own ideas and spread it to the world. I believe my passion for technology is not a flash for the pan, but a goal I've been waiting for long to reach. I plan to have a long-term study in computer science and participate in diverse programs to increase my knowledge. I will push myself in all ways and take whatever means I need to succeed.
redsoxplaya - / 1  
I realize that my passions in life are to create things. --passion--

The world is changing at a really fast pace. --the world is changing at an incredible pace.--

delete: Nothing will be like how we are today 20 years from now.-- because we don't know this to be true.--

My imaginations inspire me to be a part of this innovation to a more advanced technological society. I know that vision without action is just a dream; I seek to learn more about technology. --My something inspires me take part in technological innovations that will propel our society in a better direction than it is heading towards at the moment.--

I want to become a programmer, someone capable of loading ideas into things, changing things, and sharing things with the public. --dont say 'things', 'things' can be anything, show what you know about programming. what 'thing' are you loading ideas into? changing what 'things'? sharing what 'things'?--

I thought if I amwas the CEO of Nexon, I would integrate elements of different culture into the game, and increase places for socializing. Moreover, why do we have to rely on a mouse, keyboard, and controller to play, what if we could maketransform games into a place (no comma) where people (could) actually become the characters by wearing virtual helmets and gloves that (could) transfer (our) senses to the virtual World? The first program I (would) make is for pressing keys, mouse, and returning the color of a pixel at the given screen coordinates. --this last sentence is confusing. i dont understand what you're trying to convey--

I feel the joy of making something that's useful to me and possibly to others.

I know that to be a programmer, it takes skill* and effort*

I am very passionate and serious about fulfilling my dream asto be a a programmer working at a computer or software industry.
OP caoyuxi 2 / 5  
w0w, ty for ur help. You must be an excellent writer. What else do I need or what to expand on to further improve my essay?
blueshore 3 / 47  
Very Very intresting! I would say that you manage to support your ideas very well, but your essay would stand out more if you describe how nexon inspired you to become a programmer in the introduction, then move on to show why programming is important to you.

The conclusion just needs some more polishing so it appears stronger : describe how you feel about doing something with so much creativity involved - and how that pushes you to work harder.

or to use
not using

Home / Undergraduate / 'to be a programmer' - Essay about what is your something