ProTrack Engineering Co-op program Florida Tech

carolinagarcia 1 / 2  
Why would it be to your advantage to participate in the ProTrack Engineering Co-op program option or a hands-on internship through Florida Tech?

People tend to distinguish knowledge and action and pursue them separately, they usually put knowledge first and save the action for later. In my opinion it is a lack of knowledge to "know" without practice. The perfect explanation for this is as Richard Feynman, an American physicist, once said: "You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird. So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing, that's what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something". It is very different to learn a text book by heart and later on face the real world's challenges than to learn from theory and also practice and be aware of the problems and situations one must go through in life. The importance of Pro Track Engineering Co-op is that it enables me as a student to not only excell through a text book but to apply concepts to actions.

Although I intend to study chemical engineering, ever since I went to Phillips Exeter Academy Summer School I have awoken a passion for environmental sciences, especifically water waste treatment, renewable energy and sustainability. The ProTrack Engineering Co-op opens doors for me to explore other fields through a chemical engineer's eyes.

The ProTrack Engineering Co-op also enriches my resumé and a grants me with experience that will help me find a job after college
Due to the current inflation of Venezuela's currency (Bolivar), college in the United States of America is extremely expensive for my parents. Since also, scholarships are extremely competitive for international students I will use this program efficiently to economically sustain my everyday living and my education.
People tend to distinguish between knowledge and action and pursue them separately. They usually put knowledge first and save the action for later.

It is very different to learn a text book by heart and later on face the real world's challenges than to learn from theory and also practice and be aware of the problems and situations one must go through in life.This is a little confusing, and could be fixed by dividing it into two sentences.

The importance of Pro Track Engineering Co-op is that it enables me as a student to not only excel through a text book but to apply concepts to actions.

...I have awoken a passion for environmental sciences, specificallywaste water treatment, renewable energy and sustainability.

The ProTrack Engineering Co-op also enriches my resumé and a grants me with the experience that will help me find a job after college.
OP carolinagarcia 1 / 2  
Thanks!!! I didn't post my real name though, safety reasons. Maybe I'm just a paranoid kid. But if they saw this essay on this forum, would my application be annulled?
I would hope not. People in the education industry know that this is an era of collaboration. EssayForum is an online writer's group where we all help each other; it's not cheating!

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / ProTrack Engineering Co-op program Florida Tech