'ProTrack co-op program' - FIT Application

unwana11 4 / 13  
The application essay is for the FIT.
The essay prompt is "what are the advantages of participating in the FIT ProTrack co-op program?" - 250 words

MY ESSAY

The first time I came across the ProTrack co-op program was while I was filling in my FIT application online, and I didn't pay much attention to it. As a matter of fact, I filled in the option that said no. Later when I got to the essay after sending my application, I actually thought and found out how important and beneficial the ProTrack co-op program is.

As an international student, I always had doubts about schooling in the US, because of the high tuition costs, but I came across the FIT ProTrack co-op program and it changed my whole view of that problem. With the ProTrack co-op program, my education costs will be less strenuous to my parents, because acceptance into a co-op program, is a chance for me to earn money for my work, and I will be able to add to the money my parents will be paying for my education.

Most importantly to me, the co-op program gives me an avenue to be active in the society. Engineering is a course that has a goal of meeting the needs of the society. The ProTrack program helps prepare me for active work, it let's me know how work out there after my graduation and what I will have to face. The ProTrack program is not an easy program, it is definitely challenging, but without those challenges, there is no way to show that I truly grasped all that I have learnt in the classroom.
OP unwana11 4 / 13  
For the beginning of the third paragraph is this good enough??

Most importantly, the co-op program gives me an avenue to be active in society because I will be working in a company which has an impact on the society whether directly or indirectly, and I would love to be part of that.
Prettywings 1 / 74  
What do you mean by "active in society"?
Prettywings 1 / 74  
The ProTrack program will be able to keep me occupied during breaks, because of my availability to the company I'm assigned to year round. I can stay back to work, and save money that would have been spent on my airfare.

I'd leave this sentence out.

The first time I learned of the ProTrack co-op program was while I was completing my FIT application online; at the time I didn't pay much attention to it.

As an international student, I have always had concerns about schooling in the US , because of the high tuition costs.

that I had found a solution to mythis problem.

With the ProTrack co-op program, my education costs will be less strenuous to my parents, and acceptance into a co-op program is a chanceprovides the opportunity for me to earn money for my work.--Thus, I will be able to add to the resources my parents are providing to fund my education.

will help me be competitive in the work forceincreasingly global marketplace .
OP unwana11 4 / 13  
Thanks a lot, but I have a little problem, the prompt says 250 words and I have 209, but I don't know what else to include to make it 250.

Btw I'm very grateful for your help. I doubt I would have changed these without you.
Prettywings 1 / 74  
Overall, I believeTt he ProTrack program helpswill prepare me for the real world by giving me the tools that will help me be competitive in the global marketplace; by enabling me to gain experience directly applicable to my area of study. In doing so, I will be able to make a practical application of concepts I have learned in the classroom.Futhermore, the program will give me the opportunity to establish relationships with other professionals in my area of study.

AlthoughTt he ProTrack program is not an easy program ,-- it is definitely challenging, but I believe theseisexperience will allow me to grow professionally and academically.challenges will allow me tomake
OP unwana11 4 / 13  
@Prettywings could you please look at my other two open threads. I am running late on deadlines so i am trying to get as many essays as possible done.. Thanks for your help

Home / Undergraduate / 'ProTrack co-op program' - FIT Application