Psychological and Brain Science; Dartmouth Transfer - Academic Interest

vuanhquan92 1 / -  
In my perception, the coming out from the wreckage does not determine strength. Being able to endure and coexist with the scars underneath ultimately determines the survival of a patient. Helping survivors to deal with the psychological aftermath intrigues me. At the Department of Psychological and Brain Science, I will able to receive guidance from the world's foremost psychologists and practitioners. Having sat in classes ranged from Health Psychology to Abnormal Psychology, I realize that my academic interest will be most fulfilled with through exchange and assistantship with top psychologists like Dr. Detzer. Moreover, I am planning to conduct research about the psychological after-effect of chemotherapy and social alienation upon cancer survivors, collecting data from Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice and nearby hospitals. Furthermore, after reading extensively on the subject, I wish to further my knowledge of Positive Psychology and of how to conduct therapy in order to help survivors with post-traumatic disorder and depression to make the leap to normalcy. Leveraging what I would have learned from Dartmouth, I consider pursuing a career in Clinical Psychology and later on becoming a life coach so that one day cancer survivor like me can enjoy life at its fullest again.
jpsmyth 7 / 21 2  
"Having sat in classes ranged from Health Psychology to Abnormal Psychology" this does not make sense

"like Dr. Detzer" should be such as Dr. Detzer

Home / Undergraduate / Psychological and Brain Science; Dartmouth Transfer - Academic Interest