Why I want to get into psychology - admission essay

MariaC 1 / -  
I need to write an admission essay on why do i want to get into psychology. I am really confused on how should i get started. Can you please gives ideas

Thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You might want to start by telling how your interest in the subject began; something like "I have always found human behavior and the workings of the mind fascinating..." If you have taken courses in high school which provide a foundation for courses you would take in college in a psychology major, you should say what they were. Talk about what you hope to learn and why you feel that "X University" would be the ideal place for you to do your studies in the field of psychology. If you want to become a psychologist, you will need to attend graduate school, so you could mention how this school will prepare you for graduate school. Finally, tell how you foresee your career--what you want to do with your degree in the future.

I hope this helps get you started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
Fosforito - / 1  
My life according to Freud, Erickson, Kohlberg... outline ideas

I need help with my psychology paper!!! I am suppose to write a paper about my life (which I have alot to write about) but I'm having problems trying to write an outline. Professor wants us to apply it to different theorists like Freud, Erickson, Kohlberg (especially) erickson. Im horrible at essays, please can anyone help with ideas for outline? Questions? etc...
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
You've already outlined your outline:

I. Introduction
II. What Freud would say about you or your life
III. Your life according to Erikson's psycosocial stages
IV. Your moral development as assessed by Kohlberg
V. Conclusion

Home / Undergraduate / Why I want to get into psychology - admission essay