'psychology course' - Help with Johns Hopkins supplement

stressedout 2 / 2  
Write a brief essay (250 words maximum each question) in which you respond to the following questions. (freshman applicants only):

Johns Hopkins offers 50 majors across the schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering. On this application, we ask you to identify one or two that you might like to pursue here. Why did you choose the way you did? If you are undecided, why didn't you choose? (If any past courses or academic experiences influenced your decision, you may include them in your essay.)

In my senior year of high school, my school finally offered a psychology course. Although there was only one teacher who taught the class and a limit of two classes, I was grateful that this was the first opportunity I had to experience a field I had always been interested in. Before then, my knowledge of psychology was fully dependent on the section of book in the library on that topic which let me explore the mind of intellectual geniuses and criminal masterminds. In the few months that I have taken this course, I have learned that viewing a room from different angles gives different perspectives and the mind can often be fooled by certain tastes or smells. I have pondered the purpose of sleep along with the most famous psychologists and analyzed these dreams. Unfortunately, the study of Psychology is very limited in high school. At Johns Hopkins, I hope to pursue a major in psychology. I'm interested in The Department of Physiological and Brain Sciences because it can provide me with the education that the one course in my high school cannot. It offers over thirty courses that can give me an in depth view on the different aspects of the brain and body. From courses such as social psychology to the history of psychology, I can discover how science, history, and social life come together in this field. Besides classesïbecause most of science is actually hands onïI would be interested in research and internship opportunities at Johns Hopkins. One of the research opportunities I am interested in is studying behavioral neuroscience. I look forward to learn in these diverse courses and apply my newly obtained knowledge to the scientific field of psychology and labs.
sagerfrog 3 / 7  
This essay's exactly what you need. It's a little blunt, but Tufts is not looking for an astounding essay. Good luck in your exploits! By the way, you wouldn't know Erroll Francis, would you?

Home / Undergraduate / 'psychology course' - Help with Johns Hopkins supplement