Purple is Northwestern but Purple is also Me - Northwestern

gogetaklu 1 / -  
Northwestern Statement: What are the unique qualities of Northwestern - and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying - that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified

When I visited Northwestern's campus last fall, I couldn't help but be enthralled by the ubiquity of the color Purple - not just on the shirts of the students but all throughout the campus as well.

You see, the color Purple is not part of the visible light spectrum but rather a combination of red and blue hues. That's why the Chinese even consider it to be the color of harmony. As I peered across the lakeside campus, I realized that Evanston is Purple because it provides the perfect equilibrium between the excitement of red and the tranquility of blue. Much like my hometown of Great Neck, Evanston sits just 30 minutes away from a bustling city.

Purple is also said to be the color of royalty, sworn only to be worn by nobility. As I walked through the halls of the Weinberg College of Arts/Science, I realized that Northwestern is Purple because it equips its students with only the best resources. From its renowned research programs to its exemplary advising facilities, Northwestern's oldest yet most prestigious Weinberg College of Arts/Sciences truly merits its Royal Purple status.

However, what makes Purple particularly special to me is that, Purple is the color of my GSA T-shirt as well as, Northwestern's "5 out of 5 stars" embrace for the LGBTQ community. With aspirations of pursuing a future dual MD/MBA degree to launch health care reforms that can further assist LGBTQ patients, I know that Northwestern's Purple is the only color for me.

D: the word limit is always a hassle but can someone help me edit this! Thanks!! I don't mind if you tear it apart either , it'd be appreciated!!
empirestate - / 1  
I think you should focus more on the programs within Weinberg as well- how can you utilize it and what peaks your interest about it because you only just touch on 2 mini things

Home / Undergraduate / Purple is Northwestern but Purple is also Me - Northwestern