'I can now pursuit a management degree' - what forced goals re-examination

sid018 1 / 1  
Describe an event that forced you to re-examine your personal or professional goals

Three events have left foot prints in my life
My strong interest to be an entrepreneur originated during my sophomore year when I met chairman of HCL technologies (Mr. Ajay Chowdhry) through lecture series organised by entrepreneurship development cell of IIT DELHI. I was inspired by his story of how he and his friends built a $2 billion company. Grounded with basic business and economic knowledge, I had then begun to think about the dynamics behind the real business world. Management, with its primary role in any organisation, is of great strategic importance to the success of any business.

I thought in order to understand business phenomenon better and solve the problems effectively, I must explore management in depth. So, I joined a start-up as a marketing executive. During my work with the start-up I was privileged to present business plans to mangers, organised publicity and promotion events. I have led a team of 2-3 people while pitching ideas of the start-up.

I have taken a step forward to become an entrepreneur when I organised rafting trips for 80 people. This was one of the exhilarating experiences of my life. It felt overwhelming when people appreciated me for giving them the best experience of their lives. I also felt successful as an entrepreneur when I saved forty percent of the total amount collected without investing any money. Latter I have realized supervisory expertise with special strength in human relations is my strength.

While the more experience I gained, the more eager I see myself developing practical framework for formulating better management strategies. In order to be more professional, I should be fed on advanced marketing, management, economics and psychology first. Then on solid theoretical and practical platform, I hope to start a business that will contribute to both the economy and mankind at large.

I am now able to commit wholeheartedly to pursuit a management degree from XXXX business school. Entrepreneurial work is what I intends to specialize in upon graduation. After the completion of masters in management program, I would like to start my carrier in management field and gain experience by working with multinational companies, then when the time is right I will start a company based on an innovative idea and will make it into fortune 500 list.
dannyocean 1 / 1  
"through lecture series organised by" make sure to correct organised, into organized. I think you misspell it in other parts of your essay. "Latter I have realized," I think you meant to say, "Later I realized"

Home / Undergraduate / 'I can now pursuit a management degree' - what forced goals re-examination