What qualities of the College of Literature, Science & Arts attract me? U of Michigan

mstroup 1 / -  
Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the specific undergraduate College or School (including preferred admission and dual degree programs) to which you are applying at the University of Michigan. How would that curriculum support your interests?

Please post as soon as possible as I am pressed for time. Thank you!

The University of Michigan provides vast pathways and choices for its students. Located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor, it can be seen as a centralized hub for learning that any student would be lucky to attend. I am applying to the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts with the intention of majoring in Political Science and a concentration in World Politics.

Offering more than 40 top-ranked programs, the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts is a very attractive College to me. The fact that the College supports over 100 programs will allow me to broaden my education beyond the Political Science department, providing me with crucial assets to bring to the future career market. In addition, the mass diversity within the student body of the LSA will give me the resources to take on many different perspectives in my education that would not be possible anywhere else.

The University of Michigan Political Science department is truly a work of art. The endless ties that the department has to the real world including internships and study abroad programs allow students like me to make connections easily and gain the most out of my education. The quality and depth of the courses within the World Politics concentration is unlike any other university in Michigan. With courses such as Public International Law under my belt, I will be able to gain insight that will not only advance my undergraduate education, but will also help me to prepare for law school which I hope to attend upon completion of my degree. The faculty and staff members within the Political Science department are top notch, and with many earning various recognitions outside of the classroom, they are able to tie real world experiences into the coursework creating an unmatched learning environment. The combination of all of these aspects leads me to believe that there is no other place that I would rather spend the duration of my undergraduate education than within Haven Hall.

The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts suits me on so many levels. The quality and depth of the curriculum, the advanced teaching staff, and the multitude of student organizations and societies together will make me feel at home during my studies. There is little in my life that I feel more strongly about than my education, and there is no institution that I feel would be more capable of shaping and strengthening my education than the University of Michigan.
The University of Michigan provides vast pathways and choices for its students. Located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor, it can be seen as a centralized hub for learning that any student would be lucky to attend.

I wish you combined these two sentences as the focus of your response should rest on the curriculum and how it is aligned with your interests, and not on the school. This is my suggestion;

Located in the heart of downtown of Ann Arbor, a centralized hub for learning, the University of Michigan offers its students many pathways and choices.

The University of Michigan Political Science department is truly a work of art.

I feel this sentence is not adding much value. What does work of art refer to? Also, I feel you should talk about your goals in more detail and how the Uni's features can assist you in reaching them.

Home / Undergraduate / What qualities of the College of Literature, Science & Arts attract me? U of Michigan