My qualities as a person (caring, stern, calm, conservative) - UCF ESSAY PROMPT

mikefinfan 2 / 2  
Essay prompt 3: Why did you choose to apply to UCF?

I chose to apply to UCF because I believe that I have the qualities that UCF is looking for. I am a caring person. I like to make sure people are OK, and that nothing is wrong in their life, and if there is I like to talk to them to help them out. I am also a stern person; I don't change my views on anything because someone pressures me to or because others think that my views are wrong. In my opinion, everyone has their own opinion, and over the course of my life I have found that to be true. The people that I have become good friends with all have their own opinions on things, but they respect my opinion and I respect theirs. I am also my own person, a leader of sorts. I don't like to follow others into things; I like to lead people into things. I like to be the person people look up to.

With all the qualities I have, I am also calm and collective. I am conservative in everything I do. I have conservative views; I don't like to go in the radical view direction. I'm proud of the qualities that I posses, and I am honored to apply at UCF and hope that UCF considers the good qualities within me.
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
I chose to apply to UCF because I believe that I have the qualities that UCF is looking for.

This isn't a "answer in complete sentences" class worksheet. Think up a more gripping intro.

I like to make sure people are OK, and that nothing is wrong in their life, and if there is I like to talk to them to help them out.

This makes you sounds slightly nosey.

I am also a stern person; I don't change my views on anything because someone pressures me to or because others think that my views are wrong.

That's not really being stern. Your just strongly opinionated.

Your essay suffers from something very common. All of your sentences are empty statements and slightly immature sounding also.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  

Really? So, you applied to every school that might accept you regardless of whether you wanted to attend that school? Furthermore, how does believing this in any way distinguish you from every other applicant, all of whom undoubtedly believe they have the qualities that the school is looking for? So, you should not only develop a stronger opening, but you should also cut this line altogether.

Look up "stern." Are you sure that's the word you want here?

With all the qualities I have, I am also calm and collective.

Unless you have Dissociative Identity Disorder (a.k.a. multiple personalities), the phrase you want is "calm and collected."
EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  
Why did you title this essay: "UCF ESSAY PROMPT 3... PLEASE HELP ME PROOFREAD!!!"? This title makes so sense. It's like you were to describe "favorite features of your car" and still titled the essay "my car."

I changed the title to: My qualities as a person (caring, stern, calm, conservative) - UCF ESSAY PROMPT

Also, nobody cares if prompt is 3, 22, or 987. It is irrelevant.

Not to mention using capital letters - do you also type in your essay using capital letters? (why not?)

If you cannot create a relevant subject it suggests you may not have a clear idea about the content of your essay.

IF you continue composing thread titles that do not present the content of your message, your account (and any other poster's account) will be suspended without warning.

EF
LoliT 2 / 9  
I dont see this as an essay that much, I see it as a sort of list of things about you. Maybe describe things more. I feel like your just listing things about you and thats it.
MieMie09 4 / 30  
This essay has nothing at all to do with why you chose to go to UCF.

Home / Undergraduate / My qualities as a person (caring, stern, calm, conservative) - UCF ESSAY PROMPT