"Personal Quality..." Adapting quickly - UC Transfer #2

maggiei 3 / 4  
Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are?

During a job interview, the interviewer, who thereafter became my manager, asked me to describe one characteristic that I would use to describe myself. I made sure to go last to really think about a time in which one of my strongest qualities really pertained to a particular situation. One of my characteristic of learning on the fly so I could adapt to situations quickly came to mind when I had to overcome a difficult situation during my first quarter of college. Family circumstances caused for me and my family (mother, father, sister, and brother) to live with our other family members, who had seven people living in their home. A total of twelve people in one house allowed for significant adaption. Reallocation of resources for each individual of the household, as well as a change in routine constantly had me thinking on my feet; how would I go about my daily activities without impeding on the routines of others. While this was a significant change, I had to take what life gave to me; my actions because much more premeditated and I had to calculated factors of what others were doing to make sure I was balancing my needs with those of my relatives. This obstacle I had to face allowed me to become more resilient to change; although it did have an impact of my school work, the obstacle allowed me to showcase a quality that is significant for future life experiences.

I considered myself to be flexible and adaptable before this experience, but I found that my ability to overcome this experience helps me to present myself much more strongly to people I will face every day. So, when the interviewer asked me the question, I immediately described this quality, which proves to be relevant in the retail work force. Being able to adapt to different situations quickly helped me get though an unusual and sudden experience, and is also cause for praise in the work place.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE any and every piece of criticism would help so much! THANK YOU!
adrig16 1 / 6  
Its a really interesting essay, however a more concrete example of the adaption may enhance the essay!
illidan000 1 / 3  
I think it is pretty strong. maybe go into what improvements you made for your school work.
Jstuff36 5 / 17  
I have defined myself with the characteristics that have been prevalent during the moments of my life that have made me a stronger individual.
This sentence should be reworded or changed.

keep up with school, work, along with
I would do- school and work,

it allowed me to feature a my ability to
Get rid of the a and I would use a different word than feature maybe showcase

Home / Undergraduate / "Personal Quality..." Adapting quickly - UC Transfer #2