"my personal quality is..." ("it was his phone, confused individual)

chrisyim 1 / 1  
My heart beats hard against my chest. My hands and feet are cold yet moist. I feel the lack of blood as I get cramps on my arms. I want to retrieve from holding up the heavy chair: I would rather complain to the English teacher how her ways are wrong. However, I know that I must endure this pain for a better deed. If I disobey now, the 45 minutes of punishment that the whole class has tolerated will be wasted. There is no regret for my actions: I must forbear and I must continue.

I remember my first resistance against a teacher in Grade 9 at Eonbuk Middle School. The classroom was silent as I nervously stood up and glared at my English teacher. My head throbbed with pain as I sought for a plausible lie. I quickly said, "That was an announcement mistake from the radio station department. The sound was not from a cell phone." I knew it was a lame excuse but I had to interfere with the English teacher. If not, one of my classmates would be expelled from school: I could not let it happen.

He was very different from my other classmates. He missed classes just for sheer fun, barely paid any attention to classes, and even fell asleep during lectures. Once I was heading to English classroom and I would see him leave school with one of his friends. I wasn't close to him but I became acquainted to him. I remember him as a nice guy unlike the rumors about him at school. He was notorious for his misbehaviors at school and outside of school. The stories of his misconducts made me shiver but they did not change my view of him as a congenial guy. I always wanted to help him. I constantly persuaded him to attend classes and warned him about the consequences. Despite my advices, he kept skipping until he had one more day left to miss and be expelled.

It was during English class when his cell phone rang. He was the obvious suspect. However, he did not rashly admit that it was his phone because he only had one class to miss before being expelled from school. Aware of his dire situation, my classmates and I stood up for him. We knew that once he admits that his phone rang, the teacher would kick him out again and mark him absent. We tried to trick the teacher into believing that it was an announcement mistake. She became furious of our conspiracy and strongly chastised the whole class. We all were forced to hold up the chair for the entire period. Despite the physical agony, no one complained or blamed the cell phone's owner.

From then on, he never missed any of his classes and successfully graduated Grade 9 and Grade 10. As such, community spirit is a crucial aspect for keeping the group collaborated. I was fortunate enough to realize this at an early age through my own experience. As the class president, I chose to stand up for a student even if that meant sacrificing the class altogether. I was successful in protecting an individual and changing his life because I knew that my class would not exist without him. I learned that a leader must be able to protect a loner and hearten him with community spirit to make him consolidate with the whole group. Likely, I look forward to embrace and guide a confused individual with the quality I gained from my own experience in the college community.
joe2311 2 / 2  
It has great voice, you might want to talk a little more about your personal quality. but besides that everything sounds good.
OP chrisyim 1 / 1  
Yeah I think I went too deep into the incident rather than my personal quality..
Thanks a lot for your review!
I want to relief from the strain of retrieve from holding up the heavy chair: I would rather complain to the English teacher about how her ways are wrong. However, I know that I must endure this pain for a better deed.

... but I became acquainted with him.

...once he admits admitted that his phone rang, the teacher would kick him out again and mark him absent.

... furious about of our conspiracy and strongly chastised the whole class.

I look forward to embracing and guiding ...
Likely, I look forward to embracing and guiding a confused individual with the quality I gained from my own experience in the college community.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "my personal quality is..." ("it was his phone, confused individual)