Question about grades (lower as senior) and admission

Umich 3 / 9  
I was wondering if my grade went down from 87%(junior grade) to 81%(senior grade), would that affect the admissions decision a lot?
It would have been better if it had gone up from 81% to 87%, but grades aren't the only thing that admissions officers consider in an application. Your app essays, extra-curricular activities, and personal background info all play a role too.
OP Umich 3 / 9  
i see...thanks
Linnus 6 / 89  
It certainly would not help, because it is a downward trend. Did you get a C in any class or did you just get low B's in every class? A C definitely does not look good. I wouldn't worry so much because most (I'm tempted to say all) colleges takes the whole application into consideration. If you are taking the most rigorous curriculum possible at your school, that might shed some light.
OP Umich 3 / 9  
yeah my schools grade is out of 6 and some classes i have a 3.5, which is 75%.
I take 3 AP's..I hope that helps...
The downward trend hurts a bit because universities typically expect to see a 5-10% drop in students grades as they make the transition from high school to college anyway. 81% isn't actually that bad a grade for a university course, which, depending upon the grading system, could easily translate into an A-. However, if you were getting 81% in your high school classes, then they would expect you to start getting in the 71-76% range in university, which is getting a bit low.

Home / Undergraduate / Question about grades (lower as senior) and admission