Quiet. To much of my family I am "the good one". I am not rebellious; I am studious, and responsible

collegegurl94 1 / 1  
Prompt: We understand that the college application process often feels stressful, when instead it should be an opportunity for self-reflection. Stop worrying for a minute and have fun with this response. Much of the work that students do at Emerson College is a form of storytelling. If you were to write the story of your life until now, what would you title it and why? Please be brief (100-200 words).

It's always the quiet ones.
To much of my family I am "the good one." I am not rebellious; I am studious, and responsible. To many of my classmates, I am a face in the hall. I am the name they have possibly heard in passing, but my face does not come to mind. Because I am not the incredibly loud obnoxious girl or incredibly attractive or a brainiac, most would consider me average, quiet.

Quiet. Funny how inaccurate people's perceptions can be. I am not quiet when I am stating my opinion on Melville's Bartleby, the Scrivener. I am not mute while my siblings are in my care. I am not impassive when I am dancing around my room, with the radio blasting, singing at the top of my lungs. My friends have told me I am an eloquent speaker, bubbly and confident. A reserved person would never join drama club, and mentor young children about the dangers of drugs and alcohol. It's always the quiet ones that will surprise you, because in the end they're usually not quiet at all. If I were to title my life this would be it.
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
Brielle

Off-topic: I like your name.

It's always the quiet ones.
To muchmost of my family I am "the good one.; " I am not rebellious; I am studious, and responsible and definitely not rebellious. To many of my classmates, I am a face in the hall. I am the name they have possibly heard in passing, but my face does not come to mind.(I think this is unnecessary)Because I am not the incredibly loud obnoxious girl or incredibly attractive or a brainiac, most would consider me average, quiet.

I really liked your essay, I liked the idea. The only thing is I think you could have made the ending a little more stronger and not restating the prompt.

Hope this helps!

Home / Undergraduate / Quiet. To much of my family I am "the good one". I am not rebellious; I am studious, and responsible