I am quirky myself. Why Tufts? Which aspects prompt your application

Kutluasiye 1 / -  
Please be brutally honest!! I appreciate any feedback. Thanks so much in advance!

Tufts Questions

1)Which aspects of Tufts' curriculum or undergraduate experience prompt your application? "Why Tufts?" (Required length is 50-100 words)

While reading the book Doing School, which emphasizes learning for the sake of learning, Tufts grabbed my attention. At Tufts, the Math Society appealed to me because mathematics is taken beyond the classroom, forming a balance between the social and academic environment, which I value most. I instantly "clicked" with Tufts once I explored campus traditions, like painting the cannon and candle light ceremony; the undying enthusiasm on admission blogs captivated me. I cherish Tufts's quirkiness because I am quirky myself. Only as a Jumbo, can I challenge my intellect, yet graduate with a memorable college experience.
Hi Asiye, I hope you won't be offended by what I am about to tell you. There is a portion of your essay that doesn't really belong there because you have not actually had a campus visit to Tufts. I speak of the ceremonies and activities that you just read about in blogs by other students or alumna. You cannot accurately declare that you will fit in at Tufts based upon the experience of other people. If you haven't experienced it, how can you tell that you will have the same experience or memory as the person who actually experienced the event? Do you see the problem there? You cannot base your fitting into the university upon hearsay.

Since the social aspect of fitting into Tufts is really a requirement but a mere option in the prompt, I strongly suggest that you opt to discuss the academic aspect instead because you at least, have access to the course curriculum or an explanation regarding the kind of classes that you will be taking, which would tie in directly with your decision to apply for admission to Tufts.

Keep in mind that you do not need to use all 100 words for this essay. As long as you represent one aspect of the prompt choices in at least 50 words, your statement will be acceptable to the system (if you are applying online) and the reviewer.

Home / Undergraduate / I am quirky myself. Why Tufts? Which aspects prompt your application