Reading - Busy life/Activity for Pleasure Essay - MIT

karanbhullar 3 / 13 5  
Hi i'm writing an essay on the topic: We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. In 100 words or less. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I like to read. Not novels or scholarly literature but articles on the internet about new discovery or invention, new technology, or even a new phone or a new game in the market. Sometimes i read about human psychology other times about time management. All this reading has given me immense knowledge about the people and the world around me. I like to read about ways to experiment with my electronic devices and this has made me the go-to guy for all things tech among my peers and family.
1365violin 4 / 12 2  
I think your response is well-structured... but I am thinking it may sound too cliched, or even boring to a certain extent, to adcoms...
You might want to personalize it a bit??

Your grammar is good! I think it is good overall, as long as you make it a little more interesting/ personal!!
applejuice 1 / 5 1  
I think you should try with some more attention-catching opening, because "I like to read" is rather common, I think, for these essay prompts. If I were you, I would like to insert a little bit of terminologies here and there to make it sound more academic.
OP karanbhullar 3 / 13 5  
Thanks Hung Nguyen. I think i'll change my topic altogether as reading is too generic.

Home / Undergraduate / Reading - Busy life/Activity for Pleasure Essay - MIT