Reading,Practicing,Listening.Which way do you prefer as a learning method?

Jue 6 / 9  
People learn in different ways.Some people learn by doing things;other people learn by reading about things;others learn by listening to people talk about things.Which of these methods of learnings is best for you?Use specific examples to support your choice

Undoubtedly,the ways of learning are not merely limited to reading,listening and practicing is feasible too.Among these three,I can't assert that reading is the most effective approach to grasp of knowledge for everyone,but at least it is true for most of people,including me. Why?Gorky had once evaluated the value of books,as he said, ' book is the stage of progress ',I learned this proverb from books when I was young,and I gradually comprehend how accurate and insightful the proverb is. With books we can read,we can learn, we can always get something from it without any doubts.Naturally,books have become the major way of learning.In the next paragraph I will further strengthen my opinions.

To begin with,books have many merits that the other two can't compare with,first,you can easily take your favoriate books with you anywhere you go,therefore it will largely decrease the time needed to digest a book,time is precious,I think no one will sit on the seat of subways doing nothing,it's already a common scene that people are engaged in reading when they travel.Second,books are always available when you need them,unlike listening, you can't imagine how absurd the idea is if you insist on learning by taking a professor around you,moreover even if you've recorded their voice into your mp3,you can still be easily distracted by the noises comes from your surroundings;Third,learning by practicing is really a good way,but the problem is how you can make sure that you have the privileges to try everything appeared in the books,for example,a book told you that by using liquid hydrogen,greenhouse gas generated in the process of rocket launching will dramatically reduced,could you enter the NASA rocket laboratory asking them you want a try?

On top of that,books is the most convenient way of learning when compared to listening and practicing.To exemplify what I mean,think about participating a speech,of course s/he is the most famous professor in that field,why not go for a lesson,or a project is recruiting members for surveying of the impact of global warming,why not follow them deepening into the north arctic,this is a great experience for you?But please add this factor into consideration :not everyone's pocket is as big as yours .

Lastly,please tell me which way can enable you easily travel around the world at a very low cost,which is the fattest way to make you becoming cleverer,which method have the potential to enrich your life,to fresh your cognition?Only books.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
Hi Jue,
Your first paragraph needs to answer the Q upfront as a the thesis statement by getting straight to the point of why books are your preferred learning method. Here you outline the main points in your essay i.e. your most important consideration is that books are the most economical -- giving the most learning value for money invested. Secondly, books are most practical (due to portability, accessibility= convenience, and reach - reading about experiences or analysis from experts vs. having to expeirence them physically yourself.

Aside from need to correct grammatical punctuation and some misspellings, you have a solid essay with this suggested organization of thesis statement in first paragraph, and wrap up conclusion in last. More examples on your personal experience learning from books (vs. the general ones you wrote) would also help!!
Alyssa 3 / 6  
Hi Jue,
Here are my suggestions:
(1) Do not use contradiction if you write academic essay. "can't" should be "cannot"
(2) Do not talk or communicate to your readers in the last paragraph just simply summarize it.

Hope it will do good for you.

Home / Undergraduate / Reading,Practicing,Listening.Which way do you prefer as a learning method?