Real Estate and Politics. UPenn Supplement

PochacoMurphy 1 / -  
Considering both the specific undergraduate school or program to which you are applying and the broader University of Pennsylvania community, what academic, research, and/or extracurricular paths do you see yourself exploring at Penn?

My two biggest ambitions in life are to work with real estate and politics. An experience at a young age enabled me to want to pursue a career in real estate. It was questions such as what's the difference between an apartment, a house and a condo? What did it mean to rent to own? All this wondering led me to become dedicated to exploring my options in a career in real estate. One thing that attracted me to apply to Wharton, was that the school has a real estate major whereas a lot of traditional state schools do not. The thing about business is that it's so broad and to be a successful business woman, I'm going to need to know all aspects of my craft. The Wharton School of Business is unique in itself. There's a lot of freedom in taking a variety of courses which makes it possible to get a broad knowledge of business. Ultimately, the business skills I would acquire from being at Wharton would enable me to build my own real estate company and invest in my own properties. I not only want to learn about real estate for my benefit, I want to learn for others. One thing I'm passionate about is discovering ways to make houses affordable for people. This is one of the reasons why I volunteer with Habitat. One thing I learned from one of my favorite authors, Robert Kiyosaki, is that before I can help others financially and with my time, I must help myself first. At Penn, I plan on participating in the Wharton Undergraduate Real Estate Club. One thing that I've learned about the business world is, it's not always about what you know, but who you know. In addition to getting information about real estate, it's also binding to make connections with others in the same field as I am. By doing this, I will allow myself more job opportunities by communicating with potential business partners.

Another subject that appeals to me is politics. In the mist of discovering my career in real estate, I would like to be involved with social reform because I don't like to leave unfair matters ignored. I'm currently working with a board member of my school district in hopes of compromising over the issue of strict rules on club fundraising. I have to fulfill my desire for politics which is why I'm considering getting a minor in American Public Policy. With the minor it can give me the opportunity to work with government agencies. By having both knowledge in real estate and politics, I can make myself more versatile.

I need advice on how strong or weak the essay is for the prompt
calvinhmw 9 / 21  
An experience at a young age enabledmade me to want to pursue a career in real estate.

It wasThey were questions such as...

One thing that attracted me to apply to Wharton, was that the school has a real estate major, whereas a lot of traditional state schools do not.

The thing about business is that it's so broad, and that to be a successful business woman, I'm going to need to know all aspects of my craft.

Home / Undergraduate / Real Estate and Politics. UPenn Supplement