The reason why do you want to apply Elms College.

cheesecaking 1 / -  
The reason why I want to go to Elms College is that going Elms College is the hardest challenge among many choices for me. I went to study abroad to Korea after graduated elementary school in Japan. I went to middle school in Korea after one year of studying Korean. Then, I also went to high school in Korea. Meanwhile I was living dormitory named world student garden where almost 130 Japanese teens are living. I also got many experiences at dormitory. After completed educational program for seven years, there are three choices which are going to Korean or Japanese university, or college in US. I thought going college in US is the hardest challenge for me and beneficial to complete my educational goal. That is why I want to go to Elms College. During the seven years life in Korean dormitory, I realized that challenging difficulty is the most important factor to grow up because many pressures make me stronger and better than before. I could enjoyed many experiences at both school and dormitory. Especially during vacation, I went to Marine Corps training experience of Korea, six national parks in US, Guam to dive and explore jungle, Phillipines to learn English. In dormitory lives, I was erected as vice-leader of dormitory and leader of planning section. Through many activities, I could get precious lessons only when I challenged. I may face many difficulties such as language difficulties, culture shocks by going Elms College. However, I strongly believe that I will be able to get precious experiences that I cannot experience in Korea and Japan.

When I just entered the junior high school, understanding culture difference between Japan and South Korea was extremely herd for me. During lunch time, it is unnatural in Japan to cut in a line. However, in my junior high school, more than 30 percent of students cut in a line. While I was taking history class, I got very depressed because history teacher sometimes taught anti-japanese contents to us. Every time I opened package of snacks, all classmates came to me and ask snacks. In a twinkling, my snack was disappeared. I tried but could not understand different culture. My common senses were not Korean common senses. Instead, I decided to accept own Korean culture itself. Then, I could feel comfortable school lives and enjoyed. Through Korean school lives, I could learn the importance of admitting culture difference and accepting own culture itself.

I want to study International relations and business. This is because my future dream is to find a job in the World Bank where international influence is strong in the field of development assistance. The specialized ability is required in the international organization including UN and the World Bank. So I want to study business rather than international relations. Educational environment under Elms College is very beneficial for study international studies and business.

To conclude, I am sure to get great experiences in Elms College. I also believe that I will be able to study international relations and business well in Elms College.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
I went to study abroad to Korea after graduated elementary school in Japan. I went to middle school in Korea after one year of studying Korean. Then, I also went to high school in Korea. Meanwhile I was living dormitory named world student garden where almost 130 Japanese teens are living. I also got many experiences at dormitory. After completed educational program for seven years, there are three choices which are going to Korean or Japanese university, or college in US.

By reading the above, I felt that you intend to tell them you have experience in studying in foreign countries and adapting to new study environments. However, it is not very prominently said above. This is what I suggest;

I have gained exposure in studying overseas since very young; After having my elementary level education in Japan, I moved into Korea to where I completed both middle school and high school studies. I lived in the dormitory named world student garden where almost 130 Japanese teens were boarded. After seven years of education in Korea, I was given three choices; study either in Korea, Japan or the USA.

Home / Undergraduate / The reason why do you want to apply Elms College.