The reasons for transfering - Transfer Admissions Essay

Bostonbound 2 / -  
At least 250 words: Addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.

I arrived to the University of Colorado at Boulder completely ready to immerse myself in the college life. Like many prospective college freshman, I was excited to be moving far away from my home town, eager to experience bigger and better things, and thrilled to begin to live on my own. However, now that I'm here, living the 'college life', I can't say that all of my optimistic ambitions for my freshman year have been fulfilled. In fact, I have been outright disappointed with what the University of Colorado has offered me, or rather, has failed to offer me.

One of the bittersweet advantages I have gained by attending a semester at a university where I do not belong is a unique insight as to what is truly important to me in a great college experience. A few things I've learned on my travels through this surreal first semester of mine spent in Colorado: One, I want a smaller school. I refuse to be in a lecture with over 400 students, and none of the teachers knowing my name. Two, while I'm there, I want to be surrounded by people who work hard and play hard, not only the latter. And lastly, Boulder will never be my city. I love the northeast, and I need to be closer to home.

Once I have transferred to a new school, I hope that I will be able to feel a sense of belonging to my community. In addition, I hope to achieve the security that comes with being closer to home, and the ability to both meet new people and keep in touch with old friends and my family. Most importantly, I want to obtain the sense of pride one has from attending a school that they love. I want to be excited to go back to school after breaks. I want to be proud to be a student at the university I choose, and I want to be happy.
karena89 1 / 3  
It's a very good essay, you're being open and honest about yout thoughts. However, I think you should be a little less critical about your school. It's okay to state that you won't settle for it, but I don't recommend you to make bad comments about your school.

Home / Undergraduate / The reasons for transfering - Transfer Admissions Essay