What are your reasons for wanting to enroll in the Ib Programme?; IB Entrance

heyhaniel 1 / 1  
Prompt: Student must write 250 word essay on intrest in IB. The purpose of this essay is to ascertain the student's intrest in the IB Diploma Programme. You may want to adress some of the following questions. What are your reasons for wanting to enroll in the Ib Programme? If acepted, what would you contribute to the academic and extracurricular component of the IB Programme? How would you balance school with other responsibilities, i.e. family, church, sport, and comunity?

Obtaining International Baccalaureate Diploma is a very rigorous path, that I am interested in taking. People have always told me I am full of potential, but I don't feel challenged by the current academic pathway I am taking, to make the most of my potential. I believe that the IB Programme will help me bring out my full potential unlike any other academic pathway. I want to do IB, because it will make me accustomed to output a higher standard of work. I think that even though being an IB student will require a lot of effort and responsibility, that it will be enjoyable and an awesome experience. If I were accepted into IB, I would contribute to the academic and extracurricular components of the IB Programme with my creativity and unique way of reasoning and analyzing. My friendly personality would also add to the amiable environment of IB. I realize that being in IB will require me to budget my time. I have responsibilities that I would have to balance with my academics. I am actively involved in church, extracurricular activities, and will be in a sport next year. I plan a schedule, so I can manage my time efficiently. I will be putting most of my focus upon my academics. I believe if I am focused on my academics, I will be able to manage to accomplish my extracurricular goals and responsibilities. The IB Programme is a great experience that will help me become a more responsible, well-rounded of a person, and prepare me for life after high school.

p.s. : I'm tired i know there are some many mistakes :[ sorryyy... must hurt to read lol, thxs anyways
Cl0ark0 1 / 10 2  
Not bad. But the first sentence can be deleted. You're telling them something they already know.

People have always told me I am full of potential, but I don't feel challenged by the current academic pathway I am taking, to make the most of my potential.

This here is not a good start. You could tell what makes you have potential, somethings you previously done. What type of person you want to become when you finish the IB program.

If I were accepted into IB, I would contribute to the academic and extracurricular components of the IB Programme with my creativity and unique way of reasoning and analyzing.

This here is what I believe could be a strong thesis. Build on what you have here.

The IB Programme is a great experience that will help me become a more responsible, well-rounded of a person, and prepare me for life after high school.

The last sentence is another where you could explain more. Talk about your ambitions after high school, if you have decided on a career path. The rest of the essay are simple fillers, but you can work on them and make them unique. Hope this helps. :)
OP heyhaniel 1 / 1  
Thank you, this helps a lot!!

I have told by many people that I have a great potential, however, I don't feel challenged by my current academic pathway.

I believe that the IB Programme will help me bring out my full potential unlike any other academic pathway. I

I understand that IB Programme is quite challenging and I like that idea of taking up the challenge by making use of my fullest potential.

I want to do IB, because it will make me accustomed to output a higher standard of work.

I think you repeat almost the same idea over and over again.

Home / Undergraduate / What are your reasons for wanting to enroll in the Ib Programme?; IB Entrance