My recommendations (ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS)

inav321 6 / 37  
Accounting:

It is with great pleasure that I write this recommendation for Shivani Chaudhary to support her admission at Princeton. In my two years of working with her, she has demonstrated a deep passion for financial and management accounting and developed the qualities required to be a successful role model for other students.

She has worked consistently hard throughout the course and earned an A* in the GCE A Levels Accounting, and A*s throughout her high school career. She has not only excelled academically -securing top position in Nepal (AS Level Accounting)-but also explained concepts to confused classmates. She never has any hesitation to ask questions and ensures that she has a firm understanding of concepts thereby contributing positively in class. As a young learner, she always sought additional sources for problem solving exercises. She often stopped by my room to discuss numerous concepts and problems that were new to her. She is a very even-tempered and levelheaded young girl, always courteous and respectful.

Shivani exhibits the qualities of a future leader by demonstrating cooperation and communication skills in the regular group discussions. She spent an extensive amount of time on working for the assignments and studying independently. She is excellent at meeting deadlines and always does her best. In addition, her sound I.T skills is remarkable.

Outside of the classroom, she has actively participated in Sci-tech management expo and shown her competency in leadership .Throughout the year, she was also able to tutor young children at Hoste Hainse club .She also contributed to the nation aftermath of the devastating earthquake (2015) by volunteering in an NGO. Meanwhile, she astonishes me as a student who made 100 percent attendance throughout the course.

She is clearly an active member of society who balances her personal interests and academics. She has always challenged herself by actively seeking new opportunities and experiences. Her calm, cheerful and industrious nature inspires respect from others. Her mature attitude, determination, and interest towards her subject matter will certainly be valuable in her career. She is much committed to her education and will work hard to achieve her ambition.

Shivani Chaudhary would indeed be an exceptional addition to the Princeton University.

Business:

It is with great pleasure that I recommend Shivani Chaudhary for admission to Princeton University. Shivani is one of the few exceptionally talented student that I have ever encountered. During my involvement in her class, she possessed maturity in her knowledge and willingness to grow as an excellent student.

Shivani is a self-motivated, self-confident, enthusiastic, and dedicated student right from the beginning. She was the top excelling student who always stood out from the crowd by posing a deep questions about business concepts. She is an extremely hard worker who has always earned an A in business whether it be in the internal exams or in the GCE A Levels. Throughout the course, she covered the topics that the class did not yet study .She is the girl who frequently missed her lunch in order to have a deeper discussion about the applications of the business concepts, latest business news including the concepts of stock market exchange. As a teacher of business, I have always found Shivani to be intelligent, passionate, and responsible student who always searched on supplementary sources in order to have in depth understanding of business concepts. She studies not only for good scores but to become a complete human being.

I often gave her chances to do class presentations in which she demonstrated her outstanding leadership capacity. She always took a lead position in her class. In one of the lectures she gave to the class on operation management, she astonished me with her logics to interrelate course related knowledge with daily life activities. She participated actively during class discussions and completed her assignments in a detailed way, abiding by the deadlines that showed her competence in handling the rigor of competitive college environment. She has set an extremely high standard for her classmates and exhibits the qualities of a future leader and a successful entrepreneur.

The quality that sets her apart from numerous students I have taught till now is her independence of thought and her willingness to express those thoughts in the class that reflects her passion for the subject. She often sparked the class in heated period of argument by taking debatable positions. As a teacher, I enjoyed her presence in my classes because of her wittiness, brilliance, and intelligence to persuade. She is also quite attentive to the needs of her friends.

Shivani is a 'thinker' by nature who has proven herself equally capable outside of the classroom. She not only actively participated during the Earthquake rehabilitation program but also surveyed about the economic losses that took place. The useful data she brought into the class was carefully analyzed in a group discussion. I am optimistic about her voracious appetite for Knowledge. As much as I have known her in the past two years, she will never back off from getting engaged with the world of learning.

Evaluating her up and close, I would like to recommend Shivani Chaudhary as a strongly worthy candidate for admission at Princeton. It has been a dream for me to see Shivani into a country and institution where she should belong. Given the opportunity, she will bring new challenges and great diversity in terms of education and involvement.

Teachers have told me to search for errors (if any)
HELP!
Both your letters are too long and does not present your strengths in the best possible manner. Review the format of recommendation letters here and in other websites and you will see that the letter is in the wrong format. Each letter need not be this long. The recommendation letter should only contain bullet points of your strengths as a student. The most important information you have to present in shortened form are as follows:

1. The name of the person writing the letter and his position (professor, internship leader, etc.)
2. The project you specifically worked on / internship position you had with that professor and length of time working on the project / in the position.
3. Bullet points indicating your job description and responsibilities.
4. A simple, one paragraph explanation as to why your professor believes you will make a good masters student.
5. Highlight the explanation by using bullet points for your notable skills.
6. A closing paragraph with information reiterating his belief in your skills and that you will make a good masters degree student.
7. His contact information for further explanations if needed.

By the way, please post one letter at a time. That means one letter per thread. It is highly difficult for us to review, analyze, and help you edit 2 letters of this length in one long thread.

Home / Undergraduate / My recommendations (ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS)