Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'regional Math Olympics' - evaluate experience

Saidakhror 6 / 21  
Experiences are of a great value in one's life as they provide individuals with practical knowledge that could match with the demands of a real life but could not be acquired through any book or academic curriculum. These are the life- long guides which accompany person in any his/her initiative and sometimes remain to be the only choice for people to follow through to achieve their goals and life satisfaction. I have had a wide range of venues in my life: some of those thoroughly stuck in my memory, some were as transient as their onset was, but eventually all of them leaved significant imprint on molding of my personality and had a great influence on a person I am.

When I was in eighth grade I have been sent to regional Math Olympics as a general representative from my school council. I was young, unmatured and diffident teenager with unmolded ideology but with excellent educational basis and academic foundation. When I have attended the competition the rivals were much poorer in academic achievement in comparison with that of mine which I have understood after the initial acquaintance. We were given a task which I have accomplished with a great enthusiasm and pleasure in the shortest possible time but my contesters were still exerting themselves. I have been absolutely sure that will triumph in the competition but the results claimed were disappointing as for me so for the people of my milieu when we have realized that I have lost to much more incompetent opponent who bribed the first place.

I was completely grieved as a sense of fairness and impossibility to do something subjugated me while giving an account that I could have performed better even if exceeded rivals. Coming home I felt enormous sense of anger accompanied by desire to approve myself in the eyes of my family. The draw motivated me in the scales that I was ready to contest everyone and even the teachers were biased. Upcoming day I have lodged a complaint letter to the local educational authorities clamoring for appeal and appointing face to face competition where I could manifest my superiority toward the counterfeit winner. That day I fulfilled all of my genuine potential and surpassed all of the expectations and aced at all sections of the task. I feel extremely satisfied upon the taken revenge and resisting the pressure.

The competition had a great deal as to boosting self-confidence and fostering feeling of perfection in comparison with my peers. I have realized that is not everything could be sold and bought and it is a talent and persistence that leads to success. The majority of people meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail and if you make the unconditional commitment to reach your most important goals, if the strength of your decision is sufficient, you will find the way and the power to achieve your goals. People's capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from their capacity to reach their goals. Not everyone wins them all, and their failures, when they happen, are just part of their growth. Once I have almost washed my hands from the predicament but failed to do so, because I explored the inner power of my personage, internal hand which guides me and which still motivates me and makes to surmount the maladies I come up against.

Home / Undergraduate / 'regional Math Olympics' - evaluate experience