Reign of Greed, The Passion of Christ, Manila bulletin, society chalange, events, historical moments

rtan05 5 / 32 3  
Name your favorite books, authors, films, and/or artists. (50 word limit)
Book:

El Filibusterismo ( Reign of Greed)- Jose Rizal

Advocates the strength of my voice and action which can help or destroy the communities.

Film:

The Passion of Christ-Mel Gibson

The light in my darkest days. I am reminded of Jesus's morality here on earth, and the power of faith.

What newspapers, magazines, and/or websites do you enjoy? (50 word limit)
Website:

The different headlines from around the globe, the different genre's from technology to entertainment.

Newspaper:

Manila bulletin- the cartoons paint pictures of the Philippine's current state in the hands of incumbents with humor and gravity.

What is the most significant challenge that society faces today? (50 word limit)
Society has become TOO DEPENDENT.

Before meeting someone- check facebook and other possible sites.

Have a question? Looks for wi-fi asks google or Siri.

Do a good deed to receive something in return.

Dependence is to help improve each other, but TOO MUCH can make one lazy and unsuccessful.

What were your favorite events (e.g., performances, exhibits, competitions, conferences, etc.) in recent years? (50 word limit)

2013 Kiwanis: Clarios Cras outreach with kids from Hospicio De San Jose(welfare institution)

The first time I've seen eyes sparkle with genuine happiness from these kids because of the games, the food, and the donations they have received.

I felt compelled to do more outreaches to bring happiness to others.

What historical moment or event do you wish you could have witnessed? (50 word limit)
I have a dream... - Martin Luther King Jr.

He was able to call the nation and soon after, the world- because of that speech.

I want to be a witness and advocate of his beliefs , so that I can be part of the change he initiated that still resonates today.
ben_may440 5 / 10  
You did a good job of allowing your personality to flow into each of these list. Make sure that everything on the list is integral to someone getting to know who you are!
nkp28 1 / 20 1  
Just double check that the school you're applying to doesn't require that your answers be presented in paragraph form, but other than that I really like your responses. However for the last response, which historical event would you have like to have beared witness to, I think you would be better suited to answer in paragraph/sentence form, solely because broken apart into statements it can come off as choppy, rather than a flowing stream of thought. Maybe try: "I wish to witness Martin Luther King's "I have a dream.." speech, for he called upon the nation, and soon after the world, to initiate a change that still resonates today. I want to help advocate his beliefs so that I too can further his message." 46 words

Home / Undergraduate / Reign of Greed, The Passion of Christ, Manila bulletin, society chalange, events, historical moments