Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'Relationship and freshman year' - UC's how to pass the class

matttshare 1 / -  
I did this last minute, not knowing the due date was tonight. This essay determines if I can start registering for classes. I'm very horrible at English, and I need someone to revise my essay. No one can revise it now. I would really appreciate if someone can help me revise and give me some feedback.

Much Thanks!

"
My freshman year haven't started out the way that I wanted it to be. I have a lot of problems and flaws that contributed to this situation. The issues are from personal problems, and the lack of effort spent on my education. I understand how important that education is to my life. However, I have already figured a way to improve myself, so I would be able to pass my class for the remaining of the semester.

I understand how my personal issue is very important to me, and issues like relationship or distractions from friends are something very hard to control. However those issues are still controllable. In order to stop getting distracted by friends, I have to isolate myself. I also have to tell myself that education is more important than a relationship. Relationship can always get better when I get a better education. With these issues, I can always spend an hour a week to talk to a psychologist to solve my personal problems.

Another reason that I'm not doing so well in my writing class is because that I'm not giving my best effort into this class. I have not been attending classes, and I do not pay full attention when I'm in class. I cannot concentrate for two hours straight in a very small room. The class is also a very late class, and I'm usually tired by the time class starts. As I mention above, I have to tell myself that nothing else is more important than my education, and going to class is a must. None of my friends, and entertainments are more important than my education. I have to keep myself reminded of my motives, and hang out with friends that are very hard workers, since I am very deceptive to peer pressure. There are also a lot of tutor services, and other services to help me improve, that I did not go to. The professor also offers a lot of help for the writing class, and I need to take advantage of these his office hours and ask him about everything that I am unclear with, or about the reason why I got the bad grade on my work. The professor would be willing to help me with anything that I am unclear on. Before class, I should get some rest, or maybe a short nap to refresh my energy so I can give my full attention in class. When I'm alert and awake in class, I will learn more and catch all the important material that the professor wants us to know. Right now I am almost next to clueless about the classes that I am suppose to take, and the requirements, or how the system runs. I have been going along with the flow since the beginning of the semester. I have to talk to my advisors, about all of these issues, and have to solve them as soon as possible before I fail a very important class for the semester.

Before I turn in an essay before, I never had someone proofread it before I turn it in. From now on, I have to seek the assistance of my professor to read my essay first before actually turning the final draft in. My professor would want the best for me, and help me in any way that he can to correct my essays. Also, another mistake that I always make is that I always wait until last minute to start doing my work. I am a person that tends to work better under pressure. While under pressure, I tend to have more concentration on the task, and greater efficiency. Even though I achieve greater under pressure, I should still start my work early, because it will yield a greater amount of time for me to work and focus. In other words, I should not procrastinate even if it is something that helps me focus better.

Self-Control is another trait that I do not have. I can never control myself. Every time I see something that is very interesting, I would just loose my focus. I always loose the battle against my computer games. I can spend countless hours on my computer games, but only couple minutes at a time on homework. I have a very short attention spam also. My hobbies would control me and it can take away my sleep, my diet, my shower, and also education. However, the perfect way to combat this is to work in the library without a computer. This would disable me from playing my video games. I would have nothing to distract me from my work, and the only thing that I can do would be focusing on my homework, or studying for the class.

One of another biggest mistake that I make is that, I underestimate difficult of the class. I always think that college is just like High School, and I can just study only an hour a day and I can pass. After what I realize with my grade, I need to approach a different thinking, and that I need to sacrifice my other activities to focus more time on my classes and pass it.

However, I think the most important issue is how I manage my time. I should find a way to manage my time more wisely. In order to pass my classes for this semester, I have to plan out everything that I have to do, and make a schedule for myself. Without time management, I will get lost, and my work will not be as productive. I also need get my priorities straight. I need to understand which is more important, and which task I need to spend more time on. I need to understand that my education should come first before games and hanging out with friends. Time is something that we cannot buy. I have to use the time I have at the school wisely to get a better education. This is all of the plans that I will start today, to pass this semester.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Relationship and freshman year' - UC's how to pass the class