Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

I CAN RELY ON MOM; PERSONAL STATEMENT - person with Significant influence

tomcruisin444 2 / 19  
Essay Topic - Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.

Providing life lessons, creating a path and leading through example are the qualities of a role model. God places every person in our lives for a purpose. My life has been blessed with numerous number of influential people. All through life, I have had close friends and dear family that have been there for me and made me be what I am today. However, there is one remarkable person whose influence on my life is greater than everyone else put together, my mother.

My mother has always been the incomparable supporter in my life. She has always wanted the best for me. She sees great potential in me even at times when I barely see potential in myself. Throughout high school, my grades were not outstanding and they never really met my expected standards, however, mom constantly encouraged me, kept me motivated and optimistic

Mom is the one person who I can rely on for hope and reassurance. She at all times motivates me to improve each aspect of my life and has without fail been my cheerleader when life put me down and I didn't feel good enough.

I remember one of the lowest times in my life when I fell into depression because I felt I was not meeting my expectations in life. My grades were low, I lost confidence in myself, and I had no friends to turn to and no one to look to. But my mom came through for me. She became my best friend and my closest confidant. She fought with me in the fight to getting back on my feet, giving me hope and diligently pushed me to find strength and focus. Following this, I came out a different person, a stronger person

Thanks to her, I am different today. I am happy, optimistic, carefree, confident and full of desire and capability to make myself a better person.

Many at times people idolize famous athletes, actors, musicians and their likes, but I was blessed enough to have a role model living in my home. From her I learnt that through careful and efficient prioritizing you can easily achieve anything worth being proud of. Following in her footsteps is the true path to happiness and turning my dreams to reality.

I personally think I did well with writing my essay however, I think I'm falling into the trap of talking more about my Mom and how she impacted me that I'm not talking enough about myself. Is it just me or am I idolizing her too much in this essay? I tried my best to discuss how I'm a changed person and how I look up to her. But is this really answering the question? I would love any advice that would help me make this essay better.

Home / Undergraduate / I CAN RELY ON MOM; PERSONAL STATEMENT - person with Significant influence