"a repertoire of music genres" Notre Dame introduce a new course essay.

alexis brandon 17 / 44  
Essay Question
The curriculum offered at Notre Dame varies from what you might expect (e.g. Introduction to Biological Sciences, Accountancy) to topics you might not (e.g. Theology and Engineering, Friendship: From Aristotle to Facebook). If you could introduce a new course and serve as the expert instructor, what would it be and why?

Essay
This course introduces a repertoire of music genres intended principally to examine the message as well as the cultural significance infused in the lyrics of a song. As a passionate music listener with an appreciation for the meaning behind a song, I introduce Beyond the Beats-Dissecting Lyrics from Hip Hop to Post- Hardcore Rock. This course...

After edits

Manufactured to disregard the rhythmic thrumming of the bass and the drums, to ignore the pitch, timbre, and clarity of the musician's voice, this course introduces a repertoire of music genres intended principally to examine the message as well as the cultural significance infused in the lyrics of a song. As a passionate music listener with an appreciation for the meaning behind a song, I introduce Beyond the Beats-Dissecting Lyrics from Hip Hop to Post- Hardcore Rock. This curriculum encompasses the culture and background of a music group in order to derive a new prospective on their work, to deduce whether the nurture of an artist echoes through their work. Moreover, the significance of this course is to provoke student to step outside their habitual music genre and concentrate on locution, diction, tone, and modulation of a vocalist's words. Lastly, I aspire to shatter stereotypes linked to race and music preference, to make it all about the lyrics.
hellopark 3 / 8  
Hello! :)

I am doing the same question for Notre Dame and it was interesting to read your response to it! I first want to suggest a little more of a hook, something that will catch the reader's eye. :) You also begin two sentences with "This course", maybe you could change one of them?

Although you explain that you are a passionate music listener, I think you could articulate more on why you would be the expert instructor. You should also explain more on the "why" part of the question, why do you wish to create this class, what is your goal in creating such class? Remember, this class is for other students, so as a suggestion, you should articulate what they are to gain from taking such class.

Good luck and best of wishes! :)
fnm193 3 / 9  
You accurately answer the prompt regarding 'WHAT' the course is. However you only have one sentence on the 'WHY'. If you elaborate more on that, itll improve greatly. Otherwise the writing is great!

Good Luck

please read my essay!
OP alexis brandon 17 / 44  
Do you think the last word should be lyrics, prose, words, or lines. Or any suggestions

Home / Undergraduate / "a repertoire of music genres" Notre Dame introduce a new course essay.