REPUTATION/ EXCELLENT ACADEMICS/ ATHLETIC SUCCESS; "Why Stanford?"

SilverKnight 15 / 55 4  
I'll admit that the first thing that attracted me to Stanford was its reputation for excellent academics and consistent athletic success. Honestly, up until I began to seriously consider applying, those were the only two things I used to evaluate colleges. However, after doing some research, I now know that Stanford is much more than a big name.

One of the first things I noticed about Stanford was its commitment to a diverse and dynamic community. That's especially interesting for me because I have only come in contact with a small variety of people, and I would love the opportunity to get a firsthand education in many of the cultures that make up our wonderful planet. Aside from the diversity, the student testimonies I read and the pictures I saw revealed a unique liveliness about the campus. Whether it was a description of a packed football stadium or an explanation of a tradition, it seemed like something exciting was always happening. (Change, make it more personal)

On top of that, there's the more obvious reason why I want to go to Stanford-the commitment to greatness. As I mentioned earlier, this is what got me interested in Stanford in the first place. It seems like every time I see the cardinal "S" or the name, Stanford, something good is connected to it.

All things considered, Stanford University is a place I would love to see myself at next fall and it's also the place could springboard me to a future unbound by limitations.
Knight14 2 / 9 1  
I didn't know that there was a Why Stanford essay.
I don't know if saying that you were first attracted to Stanford is a big name is a good idea. Also you need to put more you in the essay and what you can bring to the school, not just what the school can do for you.
OP SilverKnight 15 / 55 4  
Okay, thanks!
I've just read a few examples of accepted essays and mine didn't match up to them.
Knight14 2 / 9 1  
Wait where did you see the why stanford essay? It doesn't show up for me on the Common App
Also can you read my stanford essays
OP SilverKnight 15 / 55 4  
Actually, I think I confused this with another app. There isn't a Why Stanford Essay?
Knight14 2 / 9 1  
Yeah you scared me for a bit. But your essay was good, it just needed a little specificity to Stanford.

Home / Undergraduate / REPUTATION/ EXCELLENT ACADEMICS/ ATHLETIC SUCCESS; "Why Stanford?"