Would I be required to do surgery?; Personal Statement!

Steezed12 2 / 4  
Time was 9: 35 pm. It was a quiet night, and the clouds were carelessly floating around the sky. The air was really cool and crisp. Suddenly I heard loud and intense sirens that snapped me out of the monotony of the night. The truck sped into the ICU and I knew it was "go time". I rushed to the emergency room with numerous thoughts in my mind. "Was it a burn victim? Did the person lose a lot of blood? Would I be required to do surgery?" The answers to any of these questions were not with me. I let out a huge sigh and walked in. The paramedics briefed me on the victim's details. Female. Age 37. Shot twice: one in the right shoulder, the other in the gut. My heart dropped when I was told she was a mother of four. The paramedics already did a good job with applying pressure to the shoulder and gut. My team and I immediately hooked her up to an IV. As we continued with her treatment, the nurses and I took the patient to CT. We immediately noticed that she needed to be taken to the Operating Room. Her bleeding couldn't be controlled. The patient received twenty-one units of blood during surgery but still coded three times. On the third arrest, we succeeded in resuscitating her . The woman was alive.

For as long as I remember, I've always wanted to be a doctor. The reason that I want to become a doctor is the satisfaction that I would get from knowing that I made a difference in someone's life. I want to be able to know I directly changed someone's life for the better or gave them a second chance at life. When one is a doctor, people look up to that individual when they are at their weakest point, and when they have no one else because a doctor helps maintain a sense of hope for the patient and his or her family. Knowing that I could be the person someone turns to on their darkest days, when there is no other hope and it will be my responsibility to solve their problem and possibly save a life gives me satisfaction that has much more value than any amount of money. Another reason is my love of Science. To me, Science is the most important subject.

Without science, we wouldn't be able to know how things works and nothing would make sense. My interest to become a doctor only intensified when I got to the 5th grade. My class was assigned to read the autobiography of Ben Carson, "Gifted Hands". After reading the book, I noticed that I have a lot in common in Ben Carson: we both have a love for science and neither of us was very smart when we were younger. However as time went on I realized that neurosurgery wasn't for me. I needed my own identity and stopped trying to mirror my Idol. And that's where being an ER doctor came in.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
The woman was alive.

We saved her life. .... I think this gives a stronger message and fits well with your following idea;

The reason that I want to become a doctor is the satisfaction that I would get from knowing that I made a difference in someone's life.. I want to be able to know I directly changed someone's life for the better or gave them a second chance at life.

The reason why I wanted to become a doctor is the satisfaction I derive from knowing that I made a difference in someone else's life or gave the person a second chance for life.... I guess you are already a doctor.

When one is a doctor, people look up to that individual when they are at their weakest point, and when they have no one else because a doctor helps maintain a sense of hope for the patient and his or her family.

A doctor is sought by people when they are weak and helpless and the doctor is the person who can give them a hope for life.
OP Steezed12 2 / 4  
Actually no lol. Are there any other ways to say that?

Home / Undergraduate / Would I be required to do surgery?; Personal Statement!