Rice University never crossed my mind at any point when I imagined myself in college

ben_may440 5 / 10  
any thoughts? I appreciate any help I can get my deadline is tonight and i want to polish it.

Prompt:How did you first learn about Rice University and what motivated you to apply?

ESSAY: I won't lie to you Rice University never crossed my mind at any point when I imagined myself in college. If you would've asked me a year and a half ago what type of school Rice was I would say I have no clue. Even when the emails came asking me to consider Rice I still ignored them. Eventually curiosity got the best of me, and I clicked on one of the emails. I checked out Rice's website and my interest was piqued. I began doing research on Rice and the more I learned about the school the more I was sure it would be the right school for me. I was amazed by how I got to choose the courses I wanted to take. With only one required class to take in order to major in Political Science Rice offered me a chance to choose. My education is in my hands at Rice. What finally solidified my decision to apply to rice was the Gateway Program. The Gateway Program to me is an opportunity unlike any other. A chance to get real life experience with professional through internships and still focus on my education amazed me and gave me my first image of myself at Rice. I choose to apply at Rice because I see myself being successful because of Rice.
maximu5 4 / 11 2  
Hello there, i am kind of not so good at writing but anyway i'll give you my first hand comments:
The first sentence - "I won't lie to you Rice University never crossed my mind at any point when I imagined myself in college."

Is kind of unclear, whether you are not going to lie to Rice university or you though of youself studying there... Repair the grammar/structure in it.

And as i think many other universities also offer the internship programmes for your degree, so you have to give a more detailed example , like exactly what had an effect on your decision, or just skip that part and replace it with something.

Home / Undergraduate / Rice University never crossed my mind at any point when I imagined myself in college