'Riding a New York City train' - Tufts University Transfer, Short Answer

Vinny_Pooh 3 / 7  
What do you guys think?

For the second short response, we asked you to consider the world around you. Now, consider the world within. Taste in music, food, and clothing can make a statement while politics, sports, religion, and ethnicity are often defining attributes. Are you a vegetarian? A poet? Do you prefer YouTube or test tubes, Mac or PC? Are you the drummer in an all-girl rock band? Do you tinker? Use the richness of your identity to frame your personal outlook. (200-250 words)

Riding a New York City train a passenger can, and will, casually look around until said passenger randomly glances at me. The passenger will notice that I have a calm yet perplexed facial expression throughout the entire train ride, and if the passenger listens quite attentively the passenger will hear me listening to Chopin's Prelude in E-minor. If the passenger is very attentive the passenger will realize that I am a romantic. I idealize every single detail of life and at the same time try to critically analyze every single detail of life, which to some may seem like a waste of brain power, but to me it is very significant aspect to my well being. My day to day life is never without deep thinking about the mysteries of the world and the magnificence of these mysteries. Basically speaking everything has significance to me.

Of course to be a romantic, one cannot simply think like a romantic, one must act like one as well. I have been carrying a attaché to school ever since the tenth grade and I never decided to carry it to be 'cool' but rather I decided to carry it because it made me feel more in touch with the past, which to me is a romantic ideal. As mentioned earlier I listen to mostly classical music because I idealize it for the fact that it continues to be powerful art well into the twenty first century thus demonstrating its longevity, also a romantic ideal. Despite being a romantic many people will not understand the reasons for my viewpoints but it is my hope that people will be more understanding as we progress into the future.
...perplexed facial expression throughout the entire train ride, and if the passenger listens quite attentively the passengerhe will hear me listening to Chopin's Prelude in E-minor.

If the passenger is very attentive, he will realize that I am a romantic.

Basically speaking, everything has significance to me.

As mentioned earlier, I listen to mostly classical music because I idealize it for the fact that it continues to be powerful art well into the twenty first century, thus demonstrating its longevity, also a romantic ideal.

Despite being a romantic, many people will not understand the reasons for my viewpoints but it is my hope that people will be more understanding as we progress into the future.

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Riding a New York City train' - Tufts University Transfer, Short Answer