Right crowd; The alarm clock can be bothersome indeed/ U Chicago; Why? & Arch-nemesis

mgabir 6 / 2 1  
How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to UChicago.

I am applying to the University of Chicago in order to surround myself with people that share my passion. Being in the right crowd is essential to my growth as a student and person. While I was a student in the Littleton Health Sciences Program, I flourished because I was stimulated by both the material and my classmates. Everyone in my class knew why they wanted to be a health care specialist and therefore helped guide me on my path to success. At U Chicago, I will be surrounded by those same driven individuals who strive to become the best at whatever they set their eyes on. These people will keep me on course to succeed no matter the obstacle. In addition, the University of Chicago provides many lee ways for me to explore the facets of the health care industry through the multitude of affiliated hospitals, and the career guidance offered by the staff at U Chicago. All these components combined perfect my formula of victory in the real world.

Essay Option 1: "A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies." -Oscar Wilde.
Othello and Iago. Dorothy and the Wicked Witch. The Autobots and the Decepticons. History and art are full of heroes and their enemies. Tell us about the relationship between you and your arch-nemesis (either real or imagined).

Public Enemy Number One

My arch nemesis is one for the books. Despised by people all around the world, my enemy strikes fear in the hearts of millions. Many people cry out in despair when they hear its presence. Appearing in many forms, mankind has a hard time of going about their lives without encountering it at least once a day. No one ever looks forward to meeting my enemy, and for good reason. In an effort to rid their lives of this evil, many have tried to dispose of it, but soon find out that they cannot function without it.

Every night, I always have to check up on my arch nemesis. Catering to its needs, I dream of the day that I could throw my arch-rival out the window for good. Even though it would give me great delight to destroy it, I hold myself back for one reason. I cannot live without my arch-nemesis. It is depressing to admit, but without my adversary I would be a complete wreck. It is the chiding parent who warns not to jump on the bed when it gives great pleasure. It is the warning label on products that keeps harm at bay.

The constant struggle between my enemy and me is both frustrating and rewarding. Just as the Joker reassures Batman of his motives to save Gotham City, my antagonist is a constant reminder of how I should act every day. My arch-nemesis has taught me to be diligent. My adversary will never let up until I strike it down many times. My arch nemesis has taught me timeliness. I never miss school or an appointment without due cause. My arch nemesis has taught me responsibility. I have a duty to carry out my accountabilities no matter how much I do not want to do them.

At night, I have nightmares of my arch-nemesis whisking me away from my castle in the sky. Tossing and turning, I attempt to calculate its moves, but to no avail. My adversary has a knack for appearing at the most inconvenient of times to ruin my day. I despise hearing its call. Every decibel it resonates makes me dread the next. Unfortunately, ignoring my arch-nemesis is an option that I cannot take. As I groggily slam its top, it ceases shortly before blaring a catchy, yet annoying tune once again. My arch nemesis: the alarm clock can be bothersome indeed.
mela3 2 / 37 2  
Even though it would give me great delight to destroy it, I hold myself back for one reason: I cannot live without my arch-nemesis.

My arch nemesis, the alarm clock, can be bothersome indeed.

I had no idea you were talking about an alarm clock until the end. If that is what you were going for, it worked. I like this essay very much. I used this topic when I applied early action to UChicago. Best of luck to you!

Home / Undergraduate / Right crowd; The alarm clock can be bothersome indeed/ U Chicago; Why? & Arch-nemesis